Meet Sticky and her ducklings! (pics)

miss_jayne

Lady_Jayne
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Columbiaville, MI
we have wanted to add ducks to our menagerie. i posted an add on Freecycle.org for ducks and the next day, a lovely family contacted us about 17 ducklings and two momma ducks to accompany them!
thumbsup.gif

the catch? we had to catch the little free rangers! well, we caught 13 and one momma, named Sticky. we were in bushes, crawling through ivy and had the time of our lives! ( i say, 'we', because it took a team of 6 people to catch them!)

they are wonderful and already falling into a routine here.

when they feather out, three of these gorgeous ducklings will be going to another BYC member, Gloria, who BTW, i had the honor to meet last Sunday. get to know her! she is a great lady!

hot tub party...

12425_duckling.jpg

checking out the new digs...

12425_ducks.jpg

thank you, Lanissa! we are enjoying them so much and glad to have them live out their lives here, as we promised these would not be 'food'.

one of the drakes was a crested and we think one of the babies is also, as it has a poofy fluff on the back of the noggin, just like daddy! how cool would that be?

Baby ducks are so cute. Crests are so much fun. I have a pair of Rouens and the duck is crested. Her name is Marge (like the Simpsons because of her "big hair").

i still cannot believe the family gave them to us and we had a blast with their family catching them.

i was a little nervous posting on Freecycle.org for livestock, but turns out, there was a plan in it. the family was just about to post them when they saw my ad.

they are 'mutts', but healthy, beautiful and vivacious.

Back
Top Bottom