Meet the fluffbutts

All of the girls are doing great right now. I don’t have many new pictures, but they are getting big! It is also becoming much more apparent that something is a bit off about poor Jelly’s back- likely scoliosis. She’s a bit slower than the other chickens, and walks with a hunch in her back. Her neck is also a little bit off center, seems to bend to the side at the base of her shoulders. It’s in her upper spine, so I’m not too worried about egg laying, and she seems very happy. She’s kind of our dog chicken- whenever anyone holds her, she will rest her head in your hand. She loves to cuddle ❤️ She’s a bit different, but we love her all the same. Probably won’t ever be a mama though, just because I don’t want to pass on that spine issue. It’s too bad because she is so sweet, and I’m sure she would make a good mom.

Attachments

• 72134212362__5799E86F-3761-41E4-8158-D59FFC2AEE10.jpeg
    72134212362__5799E86F-3761-41E4-8158-D59FFC2AEE10.jpeg
    619.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6770.jpeg
    IMG_6770.jpeg
    668.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6780.jpeg
    IMG_6780.jpeg
    583.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2521.jpeg
    IMG_2521.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2516.jpeg
    IMG_2516.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2519.jpeg
    IMG_2519.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2356.jpeg
    IMG_2356.jpeg
    894.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
All of the girls are doing great right now. I don’t have many new pictures, but they are getting big! It is also becoming much more apparent that something is a bit off about poor Jelly’s back- likely scoliosis. She’s a bit slower than the other chickens, and walks with a hunch in her back. Her neck is also a little bit off center, seems to bend to the side at the base of her shoulders. It’s in her upper spine, so I’m not too worried about egg laying, and she seems very happy. She’s kind of our dog chicken- whenever anyone holds her, she will rest her head in your hand. She loves to cuddle ❤️ She’s a bit different, but we love her all the same. Probably won’t ever be a mama though, just because I don’t want to pass on that spine issue. It’s too bad because she is so sweet, and I’m sure she would make a good mom.
Aww, she seems like such a sweetheart. 😍

As some of you know by seeing two of my other posts, I lost two of my girls to a dog attack. We are devastated by this, and we are attempting to incubate their last eggs in hopes of hatching out their babies to keep a part of them alive. Their names were Zazu and Nugget. Zazu was my beautiful black maran, and Nugget was my sweetest golden comet baby (the one with a little less white in the pictures).
Hei Hei also suffered from the attack, but she made it home and is making a very nice recovery! Her wound is closing up well, and feathers are beginning to grow in. At least six of the ten eggs have little embryos (they are at about a week right now) so we could see the little eyes! No pictures of them, but I will definitely take pictures when I candle them in a few days!

Attachments

• IMG_5690.jpeg
    IMG_5690.jpeg
    533.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1977.jpeg
    IMG_1977.jpeg
    714.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5687.jpeg
    IMG_5687.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6826.jpeg
    IMG_6826.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6828.jpeg
    IMG_6828.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6825.jpeg
    IMG_6825.jpeg
    484.3 KB · Views: 4
As some of you know by seeing two of my other posts, I lost two of my girls to a dog attack. We are devastated by this, and we are attempting to incubate their last eggs in hopes of hatching out their babies to keep a part of them alive. Their names were Zazu and Nugget. Zazu was my beautiful black maran, and Nugget was my sweetest golden comet baby (the one with a little less white in the pictures).
Hei Hei also suffered from the attack, but she made it home and is making a very nice recovery! Her wound is closing up well, and feathers are beginning to grow in. At least six of the ten eggs have little embryos (they are at about a week right now) so we could see the little eyes! No pictures of them, but I will definitely take pictures when I candle them in a few days!
Good luck to all of your lovely chickens 🙏🐓❤️

The eggs are in lockdown right now! They are due to hatch in about two-three days :) we have six in there right now, and one of them is from one of the girls we lost! It’s actually looking super good, so we are confident that we will get that one to hatch. We have done everything we can, got the humidity up to 75-80 (it varies), the temp is around 95.5-100, so now it’s the babies turn to do some work! It’s hard to hatch, so we are rooting them on ❤️

The eggs are in lockdown right now! They are due to hatch in about two-three days :) we have six in there right now, and one of them is from one of the girls we lost! It’s actually looking super good, so we are confident that we will get that one to hatch. We have done everything we can, got the humidity up to 75-80 (it varies), the temp is around 95.5-100, so now it’s the babies turn to do some work! It’s hard to hatch, so we are rooting them on ❤️
Good luck!!.:fl :)

Back
Top Bottom