Meet the fluffbutts

Basghettiii

Songster
Oct 6, 2023
Hello! Some of you may have seen these guys already, but I feel the need to share them wherever I can. They are just too cute not to!
First, we have our first four babies. They were so little! The first pictures were about 5-6 months ago, when our laying hens were tiny. We got them when they were only two days old! We were a little bit worried that Scuttle, one of our golden comets, wouldn’t survive. She was always so much smaller than the others- she still fit in the palm of my hand at about a week old! (She’s the little girl that I am holding in my hand it that one picture.) Now, she is six months old, and doing great! She’s still a bit small compared to the others, but not so much so that she can’t hold her own. She lays the largest eggs of all of them, and about half of her eggs have been double yolkers so far! She had a rough start, but she’s doing amazing! Super food motivated. (In the pictures of the older ones, she is the red with more white lacing on her tail.) Zazu is very inquisitive- she is the black hen. She has discovered that she can see me through the front window, and constantly stares at me through it, as seen in the picture. Hei Hei is our big girl- thought she was a rooster for a while! She was always brighter than the others, and has always been the queen of the coop. And then there’s nugget, the other golden. She’s just sweet, there isn’t really much else to say about her. She loves pets, and enjoys eating food from my hand.
All of the big girls are great layers! I get three-four medium-large eggs every day, which is very much enough for my small family. They are all spoiled rotten, and we joke that it’s the reason that they lay so well.
Next, we have the little ones! They are only about 4-5 weeks old, and just moved outside for their first day today!
We had a bit of a rough time with these babies. We originally started out with three, named Peanut, Butter, and Jelly. It was perfect! Three more babies, with perfect names! Then, we unfortunately lost Butter. She was extremely small, and very weak, and we unfortunately lost her to choke. Her little body just couldn’t handle it. So, Peanut was named Peanutbutter in her honor, and because we didn’t want to risk having one lonely chicken if something happened to one, my dad set out to get two more, seeing that four seemed to be our lucky number. But, there were three breeds at the country store… so what was his solution? One of each! And thus, Bisuit, Toast, and Rolo were welcomed into the family. Rolo did originally fit the spreads theme, named Nutella, but we decided that she looked like a rolo! She’s a gold laced Wyandotte, so anyone could see why. I thought the name Rolo was cute, and it stuck. They all lived in a bin for a few weeks, and now they are moving outside! We are waiting to formally introduce them to our big girls, because they are still too small to defend themselves against them if they cause problems.
I hope you guys love my girls as much as I do!

Attachments

• IMG_1266.jpeg
    IMG_1266.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2249.jpeg
    IMG_2249.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2235.jpeg
    IMG_2235.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5987.jpeg
    IMG_5987.jpeg
    679.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5849.jpeg
    IMG_5849.jpeg
    561.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5848.jpeg
    IMG_5848.jpeg
    411.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5847.jpeg
    IMG_5847.jpeg
    347.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1977.jpeg
    IMG_1977.jpeg
    714.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5690.jpeg
    IMG_5690.jpeg
    533.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5691.jpeg
    IMG_5691.jpeg
    578.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5687.jpeg
    IMG_5687.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1010.jpeg
    IMG_1010.jpeg
    579.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1026.jpeg
    IMG_1026.jpeg
    463.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0297.jpeg
    IMG_0297.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1025.jpeg
    IMG_1025.jpeg
    461.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5257.jpeg
    IMG_5257.jpeg
    266.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5274.jpeg
    IMG_5274.jpeg
    330 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2180.jpeg
    IMG_2180.jpeg
    389.6 KB · Views: 21
Hello! Some of you may have seen these guys already, but I feel the need to share them wherever I can. They are just too cute not to!
First, we have our first four babies. They were so little! The first pictures were about 5-6 months ago, when our laying hens were tiny. We got them when they were only two days old! We were a little bit worried that Scuttle, one of our golden comets, wouldn’t survive. She was always so much smaller than the others- she still fit in the palm of my hand at about a week old! (She’s the little girl that I am holding in my hand it that one picture.) Now, she is six months old, and doing great! She’s still a bit small compared to the others, but not so much so that she can’t hold her own. She lays the largest eggs of all of them, and about half of her eggs have been double yolkers so far! She had a rough start, but she’s doing amazing! Super food motivated. (In the pictures of the older ones, she is the red with more white lacing on her tail.) Zazu is very inquisitive- she is the black hen. She has discovered that she can see me through the front window, and constantly stares at me through it, as seen in the picture. Hei Hei is our big girl- thought she was a rooster for a while! She was always brighter than the others, and has always been the queen of the coop. And then there’s nugget, the other golden. She’s just sweet, there isn’t really much else to say about her. She loves pets, and enjoys eating food from my hand.
All of the big girls are great layers! I get three-four medium-large eggs every day, which is very much enough for my small family. They are all spoiled rotten, and we joke that it’s the reason that they lay so well.
Next, we have the little ones! They are only about 4-5 weeks old, and just moved outside for their first day today!
We had a bit of a rough time with these babies. We originally started out with three, named Peanut, Butter, and Jelly. It was perfect! Three more babies, with perfect names! Then, we unfortunately lost Butter. She was extremely small, and very weak, and we unfortunately lost her to choke. Her little body just couldn’t handle it. So, Peanut was named Peanutbutter in her honor, and because we didn’t want to risk having one lonely chicken if something happened to one, my dad set out to get two more, seeing that four seemed to be our lucky number. But, there were three breeds at the country store… so what was his solution? One of each! And thus, Bisuit, Toast, and Rolo were welcomed into the family. Rolo did originally fit the spreads theme, named Nutella, but we decided that she looked like a rolo! She’s a gold laced Wyandotte, so anyone could see why. I thought the name Rolo was cute, and it stuck. They all lived in a bin for a few weeks, and now they are moving outside! We are waiting to formally introduce them to our big girls, because they are still too small to defend themselves against them if they cause problems.
I hope you guys love my girls as much as I do!
Its clear you love your babies! Those are some healthy, happy looking hens 🐓❤️

Been a minute, but I have many pictures of my girls! They are doing pretty good with the cold onset, so I’m pretty confident that we will have a good winter. Been feeding them some warm oatmeal with cayenne pepper to help circulation to their feet. I read that it helped somewhere. They also just love the warm food on cold mornings. The babies are soaking up all of the sun they can get- we actually turned their coop to make sure that they would have a place to sunbathe while I’m gone at school.
The rooster in the last picture is not mine for the record- he just visits sometimes, and he is quite pretty, so I thought I would share him as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2332.jpeg
    IMG_2332.jpeg
    829.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2345.jpeg
    IMG_2345.jpeg
    719.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2393.jpeg
    IMG_2393.jpeg
    761.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2384.jpeg
    IMG_2384.jpeg
    291.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2387.jpeg
    IMG_2387.jpeg
    288.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2391.jpeg
    IMG_2391.jpeg
    452.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2469.jpeg
    IMG_2469.jpeg
    604.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2465.jpeg
    IMG_2465.jpeg
    654.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2466.jpeg
    IMG_2466.jpeg
    680.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2473.jpeg
    IMG_2473.jpeg
    887.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2329.jpeg
    IMG_2329.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Been a minute, but I have many pictures of my girls! They are doing pretty good with the cold onset, so I’m pretty confident that we will have a good winter. Been feeding them some warm oatmeal with cayenne pepper to help circulation to their feet. I read that it helped somewhere. They also just love the warm food on cold mornings. The babies are soaking up all of the sun they can get- we actually turned their coop to make sure that they would have a place to sunbathe while I’m gone at school.
The rooster in the last picture is not mine for the record- he just visits sometimes, and he is quite pretty, so I thought I would share him as well.
Beautiful flock! ❤

Back
Top Bottom