Just got a new hen! Her sad backstory šŸ˜¢

Chicken Whisperer 1313

In the Brooder
Oct 1, 2023
IMG_0490.jpeg
Hi everyone!
Today I got a new hen. Iā€™m not sure what breed she is yet and sheā€™s about 18 weeks old. Her story is that she was living on a farm with 33 other chickens and 29 got eaten by a weasel in one night. After that 3 of the remaining 4 got eaten as well and my hen was the only one left. Our friends who own the farm were unable to catch her for a few weeks because she flew up into a tree but they finally got her today. We named her Penny which is short for Lucky Penny because she is definitely lucky lol. Sheā€™s terrified of everyone and the polish hens are bullying her. Any ideas on how to prevent that?
Thank you!

View attachment 3674865Hi everyone!
Today I got a new hen. Iā€™m not sure what breed she is yet and sheā€™s about 18 weeks old. Her story is that she was living on a farm with 33 other chickens and 29 got eaten by a weasel in one night. After that 3 of the remaining 4 got eaten as well and my hen was the only one left. Our friends who own the farm were unable to catch her for a few weeks because she flew up into a tree but they finally got her today. We named her Penny which is short for Lucky Penny because she is definitely lucky lol. Sheā€™s terrified of everyone and the polish hens are bullying her. Any ideas on how to prevent that?
Thank you!
Can you separate her in an area where the rest of the flock can see her but not reach her?

Back
Top Bottom