Meet the new addition!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Iowa Roo Mom, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Chris and I got a puppy tonight! She's 8 weeks old. The mother was a Welsh Corgi and the father was either a Welsh Corgi or a Jack Russell. We gave her a bath as soon as we got her home because she lived in the barn and had cow poop caked on her legs, dried her off, and now she's sleeping, all wrapped up in a bankie and tucked in nice and warm in her bed.

Everyone, meet Benelli!

[​IMG]

2. Aeropennchick

Aeropennchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Southern PA
    What a cutie pie!

3. jarvis

jarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    did you see the parents ? corgis ears are up by 3-4 weeks ... not a full corgi .. doesnt look like a jack mix eigther .. cute as a button tho .. looks like a lab lol

4. Iowa Roo Mom

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County

I know the momma is a corgi, she's SO's cousin's dog. They have another male corgi that the dam was with, and a Jack that comes to visit, she has the short, nubby corgi legs for sure, but I will get more pics up tomorrow in the daylight when she's up and around.

5. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Very cute!! Good luck , use a crate for training.

6. Iowa Roo Mom

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Yes, crate training last night was fun. She was NOT IMPRESSED (and she was sure to let us know about it) when we put her to bed, but as much as it broke my heart, I stuck to my guns and she (and I) survived the night [​IMG]

7. That.. IS ADORABLE!!!!

8. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Super adorable! have fun.. puppies are like babies.. you lose an equal amount of sleep [​IMG]

9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    She's so cute [​IMG]

10. BirdyMe

BirdyMe Chillin' With My Peeps

D'oh!! So precious! I'm kind of partial to anything corgi....I love my Pembroke!! :)

And good for you for sticking to crate training! It is kind of hard to listen to them sometimes, but it pays off in the end!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by