Meet Thor, Jr. "TJ" (dark brahma over light)

Quote:
Tar fits as well.

Impy- posting from Gritty's coop

Ummm excuse me you little....little....IMP you! This is my Ode to Thor thread, not my Ode to Impy thread; of which there has been far too many for my liking.

Speaking of tar, what in the TARnation is that in your avatar???? Put the foot pic back pahleezeeeee. At least that one I can make heads or tails of, or heads or foots of as it were.
tongue.png

Quote:
Tar fits as well.

Impy- posting from Gritty's coop

Ummm excuse me you little....little....IMP you! This is my Ode to Thor thread, not my Ode to Impy thread; of which there has been far too many for my liking.

Speaking of tar, what in the TARnation is that in your avatar???? Put the foot pic back pahleezeeeee. At least that one I can make heads or tails of, or heads or foots of as it were.
tongue.png

Apparently you didn't see my other post.

I was in cahoots with cow #43, and that's your coop door. Of course the cows in the hood had a little tagging party.
Still want it back? Can't have it.

Impy

somad.gif
somad.gif

Quote:
No, that's my other PITA friend, Sourland aka George. Notice I have alot of PITA friends. I attract them like bees to honey or flies to...nevermind.
tongue.png
My other PITA friend Ranchy has a most wonderous trahma chick named after her. My next PITA roo will be named Sour.

I BEG YOUR PARDON???????? SOUR? GET IN HERE WITH THE BROODY/ROOSTER HEX! She's dissin' us again!

*sheesh. just no way to make some people happy- they snivel about not having any broodies, they snivel about havings broodies, then they snivel about what hatches....
roll.png

PITA? Sour/land is a copyright. I refuse to have a rooster named after me unless in addition to NN he is completely bald.:laubv:gigb:lau Sourland expands from broodyism to rooster creation juju.
somad.gif
D.gif
somad.gif
jumpy.gif
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy
somad.gif
somad.gif
Let there be roosters--let them be mad.
somad.gif
D.gif
somad.gif
jumpy.gif
:jumpy You know the destination.

Apologies in advance. Just had to do it-- get your Tetanus shot in preparation. Imp, I love the refurbished door in your avatar. What happened to cow #43?

K, first of all. The cow did me a favor. Several years ago when we built the brahma coop there was a certain door I wanted for the coop. A screened door on the top, louvers on the bottom. It was so purty. Alas, DH said it was "just a chicken coop" and didn't need such a fancy door. So it got the split design, home built door that was way too heavy, way too ugly for a majestic breed like brahmas.

Now that #43 has kindly done away with that ugly door and we were in a hurry to replace it on DH's days off, Gritty got the door she's always longed for, and best of all, DH forked over the big bucks for it.
big_smile.png
This summer (against DH's objections) I'm going to replace the ugly homemade window coverings with some plantation shutters. Also, re-paint the coop in soothing southern shades of lavender and yellow. Then and only then will it be an abode suitable to house my most precious flock of brahmas. It will be a mansion TJ will be proud to have his hens live in.

Now about naming my next roo Sour or George or whatever. I have a rooster in mind for the name. Turns out one of my JERSEY giant pullets is looking a bit roo-ish. Isn't sourland a part of the state of New Jersey? (Almost said "great" state and caught myself just in time). What could be more appropriate? HUH?

Quote:
As Ranchy explained, Imp is a BYC member that is one of my dearest friends. Also, one of the most awesome people you'll ever meet.

But let me explain a little further.....

I ordered four turken pullets. One pullet's name was Rosie. Rosie started crowing at two weeks old. Still, as far as I was concerned, Rosie's name was going to remain ROSIE. There were a few BYC members that had a problem with that name for a loud and proud (mostly loud) rooster; one was my dear friend Imp. My husband always said, "the hen that cackles the loudest laid the egg, so Rosie became Imp(y). Make sense?

For the longest time I thought you and Imp were one person. I used to get a kick out of you arguing with yourself.
lau.gif

That's ok, Imp... I'm late to this one too!

I love your threads, Gritty! Keep on posting!

Thor and TJ are beautiful! You are doing the right thing not letting Thor suffer! He has been a good rooster... And he deserves to be at peace... Good choice!

As for Impy, I can't say too much for him... Except that if he produces any more Trahmas, he should be diapered, for his safety! I am thoroughly worried for that roo!

Quote:
I BEG YOUR PARDON???????? SOUR? GET IN HERE WITH THE BROODY/ROOSTER HEX! She's dissin' us again!

*sheesh. just no way to make some people happy- they snivel about not having any broodies, they snivel about havings broodies, then they snivel about what hatches....
roll.png

PITA? Sour/land is a copyright. I refuse to have a rooster named after me unless in addition to NN he is completely bald.:laubv:gigb:lau Sourland expands from broodyism to rooster creation juju.
somad.gif
D.gif
somad.gif
jumpy.gif
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy
somad.gif
somad.gif
Let there be roosters--let them be mad.
somad.gif
D.gif
somad.gif
jumpy.gif
:jumpy You know the destination.

I always suspected YOU were responsible for ALL of my "pullets" turning into roos!
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom