Meet Wormless

jkcove08

Songster
12 Years
Apr 12, 2007
Iowa
I usually do not name my chickens since I have so many but this little fella really needed a name. This is wormless. The reason for the name is that it hatched sooooo early that it beat the worm to the party..lol I had 2 sets of eggs that were only 2 days apart for hatching. I have found in the past that it is better to set both on the 18th day of the first batch so that I am not opening the bator when the first set it getting ready to hatch. This has worked very well in the past and the second set might hatch a day early but there has been no problems that way. Well today is day 20 for the first set so I have been watching more since they have been rocking and chirping through the shell. I went down a little bit ago and from the the top of the steps could hear someone chirping. I figured that one of the first sets had hatched. When I looked in all of the eggs from the first set were still just sitting there. Then all of a sudden I saw movement at the bottom of the bator and was able to watch wormless kick out of its shell. I couldnt believe my eyes since this is only day 18 for the second set. I do think it had something to do with the full moon we have had the last couple nights. Anyway wormless is a beautiful silkie that was of a bunch of eggs that my secret swap partner from the ezboard swap sent me. I cant wait until it fully fluffs out. Jenn
013.jpg
012-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom