Meetup at California State Fair in July @ Chicken exhibit building!

Ok, so we are meeting up this Saturday in the feathers and fur building, but what time?
idunno.gif

I'm going to come specifically to see all of you.
I think I'll wear my purple hawaiian shirt with bananas on it. It will make me really easy to find.

cool.png
cool.png
cool.png

Oh, and I"m hatching out a couple of Penedesencas and maybe a blue ameraucana this week.
I usually sell them on Craigslist. PM me if you are interested and I'll make you a deal.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
The meetup is on Saturday, July 31st. The time will depend on what time most of us can get there!

What do you guys think would be a good time? On one hand, if we meet at 4-5 in the afternoon, it allows for plenty of travel time for those who are coming from out of town. On the other hand, if we meet around noon, we can beat the heat and maybe actually get to watch some of the poultry competitions as they occur.

My vote's for noon. What time will work for most folks?

OH BTW.... since the NY Chickenstock got such great coverage in Time Magazine, I was thinking about asking News10 to cover our BYC Chicken meetup at the fair (since they're there anyway). How do you guys feel about that? We're trying to get chicken ordinances changed here in Sacramento & we could use all the positive public support we can get.

Last edited:
IT'S GETTING CLOSE TO THAT TIIIIIME!!!

Official BYC gathering at the California State Fair in the Fur & Feathers exhibit building is THIS Saturday. Upon entering the fair, you'll see a large concrete building made of rectangular pillars that stick straight up. The Fur & Feathers exhibit is in that building. The same building also houses a small outdoor stage as well as a number of other exhibit halls. It is my favorite part of the fair because I get a big kick out of seeing all the fantastic art that comes from within our great state (I'm an artsy-craftsy type and get a kick out of that stuff--I'm a nerd, what can I say? LOL).

If you are planning to attend and would like to have cell phone/texting contact in case you get lost or misplaced or need other assistance, please feel free to send me a PM or an e-mail, and I'll give you my cell # so we can meet up. I'll be holding up a little "BYC" sign/poster so we can all gather in one spot.

Bring your friends & family so we can all have a great time! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone!

At the present time, we're set to meet up right around noon. If there is a better time that works for the majority, we can go with that. I'm just thinking it'd be nice to meet up before it gets too unbearably hot.... of course, when it DOES get hot, there are tons of places out there to get fresh-squeezed lemonade or your favorite beverage of choice (I'm eyeballin' the wine garden myself...).

See you out there!

Back
Top Bottom