Melt and Pour Soapmaking Question

shelleyb1969

Star Bright Farm
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Brown City, Michigan (Thumb)
Is there any type of melt and pour soap base that DOESN'T do well with essential oils? Or which ones are better to use this way? I was considering the goat's milk base, but I read that it has a slightly sweet smell...not sure how that would mix with essential oils.

i used the goats milk base and it was fine...
smile.png

Me too and all I do , to date (will be making lye soap soon though!!) is the melt and pour. My personal favorite fragrances are peppermint and pomegranate..smell good in the clear glycerin base and in the goats milk and even in the oatmeal
smile.png

i got mine from the craft store i bought my soap stuff from...it was in the same isle...good luck! its fun!

I haven't had any problems with melt and pour soaps and essential oils, but I do find it is a subtler scent than the artificial scents, and some people don't understand the quality difference.
I love lavender essential oil in goat's milk soap. I also use eucalyptus, sweet orange, grapefruit, lemon, peppermint, patchouli (does colour the soap a little yellow), frankensense, and more.
I buy my EO's at the health food store for small quantities and from New Directions Aromatics for large quantities.

Back
Top Bottom