membrame only

The one I got says to add it to their fed...how much did you add ?..I only have 3 girls...and yes very frustrating..lol

T

Yes, I used one that was added to their feed also.

Not sure how much I used, but I presume all formulations are slightly different depending on brand anyway.

It should have some instructions on the label though - I would just follow those.

- Krista

Last edited:
she layed a good egg today and in the nest box...heres hopeing again
fl.gif

Isn't it lovely to find a nice, whole egg?

My heart just sinks when I find a soft-shelled egg - it's such a waste. Thankfully they are not common with my girls any more.

With any luck this is something that she will grow out of - but the extra calcium in the mean time won't hurt her.

- Krista

yes it is..the shell was a bit of a funny shape. But hay ho.just time will put it right. And I should get the powered calcium
tomorrow..so that should help big time..Thank you for all your help..really kind of you to take the time and go threw this with me.xx
T

I did find that there are certain calcium products my hens will just not eat EVER. I recently switched to a product called Pacific Pearl oyster shells. I am having to actually refill the shells container fairly often since the switch.

May be the brand?

HI 12 hens
the oyster shells comes in plain bags..but I always get it from the same place and its been ok before...not a lot of choice where I live, but its a good idea.

well today on the poop tray was a broken unshelled egg..But I now have my calcium power..And how much did it say I should give.....SPRINKLE AS REQUIRED TO FOOD..
barnie.gif
so how is that...grrrrr. lol

No egg to day ,so hopely things will be better tomorrow. Did have a nice blue and brown one waiting for me ..so I am happy.
smile.png
and I did sprinkle about 1/4 of tea spoon over the fed.
fl.gif

Hi again,

Just wanted to say "Don't be discouraged" if the soft shells take a while to improve. From memory, it took a few weeks for mine to show the benefit of the additional calcium. One it started improving their eggs though, they never went back to the soft shells. All I can say is it was worth the wait!

Not sure which product you're using but the one I had said to sprinkle a full scoop over 5kgs of feed. Sounds to me like a generous sprinkle is just fine
smile.png
Not particularly helpful information on the label though. Perhaps googling it might yield some better instructions somewhere?

- Krista

Back
Top Bottom