membrane white and stuck behind large blood veins

hayleybubs

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2022
Hello again this evening I Assisted internally pipped duck (number 3 now) all on day 30 after 30 hrs since internal pip. Movement had reduced and chirping stopped. I had popped a safety hole in this morning so she didn’t suffocate, now it appears she’s moved since her internal pip so her beak isn’t near hole. The whole membrane was white and papery so I am applying coconut oil to her like I am my other two. I cannot assist her further as she is not ready and has multiple blood veins covering her beak area. Is she going to be able to breath (her beak is about 1/2 cm to the right of her internal pip) or is there a way I can help without rupturing a vein?!

Some people like to make a safety hole at the top of the egg.
An article by @Pyxis
Guide to Assisted Hatching for All Poultry

Guide to Assisted Hatching for All Poultry

Preface If you need immediate instructions on how to assist a hatch, you may skip this section and go to the next one, where the instructions are. To start with, I want to address the fact that some people think assisting during a hatch is wrong. I respect the decision to not help during a...
pea safety holes

Picture by @Pyxis

Looks like the whole top of the shell is gone now can you get a better picture?
It’s little beak has moved over itself this egg is fine! … I have 4 chicks assisted and all doing well and the final one that had a dark bruiseat bottom in wrong pointy end however I didn’t notice it hadn’t pipped externally Candled and thought it had internally pipped naturally so assisted this one too as all the eggs are dryed out and membranes sticking to external shell however what’s come through in air sac isn’t the beak! Now I have an open assisted air sac and a safety hole where bruise was! Hopefully this one makes it through the night! I assume when I see the veins receded and the yolk absorbed I can try and help it zip at the narrow end

This is what all my eggs look like at day 30 soon to be 31 in an hr lol! This is too dry right?? I’ve been dabbing in coconut oil every few hrs

Attachments

• DBDF7574-0CB9-48F2-AF39-79593BDB094E.jpeg
    DBDF7574-0CB9-48F2-AF39-79593BDB094E.jpeg
    318.2 KB · Views: 12
This is what all my eggs look like at day 30 soon to be 31 in an hr lol! This is too dry right?? I’ve been dabbing in coconut oil every few hrs
Now that the bill is poking out I'd let the duckling keep working on getting out. Keep the membrane soft with the coconut oil
Okay troops have arrived.

It’s little beak has moved over itself this egg is fine! … I have 4 chicks assisted and all doing well and the final one that had a dark bruiseat bottom in wrong pointy end however I didn’t notice it hadn’t pipped externally Candled and thought it had internally pipped naturally so assisted this one too as all the eggs are dryed out and membranes sticking to external shell however what’s come through in air sac isn’t the beak! Now I have an open assisted air sac and a safety hole where bruise was! Hopefully this one makes it through the night! I assume when I see the veins receded and the yolk absorbed I can try and help it zip at the narrow end
Can you put tape or the shell back on the part of the egg where baby’s beak isn’t ?
I did a pointy end assist on Jan 10th. This took 50 hours and she was still born with a tiny egg yolk that she needed to be put back in her shell for another 2 hours.
This will mean the yolk is in the air cell end and you don’t want that to dry up
Can you see the beak where the bruise was that you opened ?

Back
Top Bottom