Memorial day hatch a long !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ancona Ducks

In the Brooder
Mar 14, 2017
For duck eggs set on 5/3
For chickens set on 5/10
If you would like to do another type of poultry you can I don't have the dates to set because I specialize in ducks and chickens. Thanks for joining. Good luck. P.s if there's typo in the dates post me and I'll fix them not the best day counter.

We are in....
IMG_4052.JPG

Once all your chicks are hatched there will be a cutest batch of chicks contest in this thread. What you do is take a pic of your batch of chicks I will judge them. There will be 1 2 3 places. Your prize is the gratitude of winning . Also if you need any tips for hatching this is the place to ask them.

My eggs are in Cleveland Ohio - enroute - hoping Monday, they're saying delivery by Tuesday. At least one day to settle the air cells. Hoping for lots of healthy chicks! I hatched out a bunch last month, only four made it this far. They so needed a broody, had a power bump while I was at work and only four made it. No heat. Hoping for a broody, and I'll setup a battery backup if not. I never want that to happen again. Crazy wind storm, at least my power came back on - neighbors had to wait a week.

I'm in! I've got 5 under my broody Silkie. Two EE, 2 silkie/cochin cross, and 1 orpington/cochin cross. I can't really see veining through the EE or Orpington eggs, but the shadow is still growing so I'll take it. The silkie eggs I can see through, and I have movement! WOOT! So excited can't hardly sit still!!:wee

@chonsey @kannna @fur-mum -
Have you wondered why this hatch-a-long was so small? Why we've never heard anything from the OP? That's because it's a hatch-a-long for Memorial Day 2017! :lau

I guess nothing happened with it last year, and then we just sort of joined in 12 months too late. Too funny.

-Cerise
Haha! Oh well...
I candled last night, and I think the EE and Silkie eggs are good. Though one of them has some very odd veining. It's almost like there's two air cells in the egg. Not taking it away though. Not really seeing any difference in the Orp egg. So I don't know if it's just a dud or not fertile. I've not paid attention to see if my roo is paying equal attention to all his girls. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom