Men's selective hearing

Haha I hear ya
wink.png
My Czec boy isn't doing that but, my other boy does!!
Quote:
Our older GSD Jax does. Listens to me just fine when DH isn't home. Let "Daddy" be home and the dang dog ignores me. I hate it when I ask him if he wants to go out and he turns and looks at my DH for permission.
hmm.png

Quote:
1st wife - 10 years
2nd wife - 9 years
live-in girl friend - 23 years

As I got older I must have forgotten when it was time to change again
lau.gif

Quote:
1st wife - 10 years
2nd wife - 9 years

lau.gif

Don't fix what aint broke!
wink.png

Quote:
1st wife - 10 years
2nd wife - 9 years

lau.gif

Don't fix what aint broke!
wink.png

Yep, dont fix it. You must have doing something right, third time a charm!
wink.png

Mine, dh and two boys, do the no seeing thing. One day I watched all three of them walk up and down the hall while carefully stepping over something on the floor. Finally, I said to dh "why don't you pick that up instead of stepping over it", he said he never noticed it. Yep, he and the boys walked over it without seeing it, but not stepping on it all day long. The only reason I hadn't picked it up already is I had asked one of said males to do it, and it hadn't happened, and I was curious to see how long they could step over it but not see it needed to be picked up.

That being said, the guy is good about cat horcks...

Why do cats always do that in the middle of the night, when you know you will be finding it with your bare feet?

mom'sfolly :

Mine, dh and two boys, do the no seeing thing. One day I watched all three of them walk up and down the hall while carefully stepping over something on the floor. Finally, I said to dh "why don't you pick that up instead of stepping over it", he said he never noticed it. Yep, he and the boys walked over it without seeing it, but not stepping on it all day long. The only reason I hadn't picked it up already is I had asked one of said males to do it, and it hadn't happened, and I was curious to see how long they could step over it but not see it needed to be picked up.

Why do cats always do that in the middle of the night, when you know you will be finding it with your bare feet?

I recall an instructor back in nursing school that said the best alarm clock in the world was a barfing cat. Apparently hers did it quite regularly.​

Hmmmm. I noticed all these traits with my three ex-husbands before they were exes. The things that caused me to want to be married to them just didn't last. Although the Man Cold was amazing to observe, given that all three demonstrated the same symptoms with the same severity, having to cater to the patient tried MY patience to the extreme.

How about that masculine habit of cooking a meal with every pot, pan, or utensil in the house and yet never realizing those items should AT LEAST be rinsed or scraped or soaked so the DW can wash them more easily? Yes, the DW washes everything.

Selective hearing is so universally male there's just no adequate counter-agent. Other than divorce, which some may find a tad drastic.

mom'sfolly :

Having cats myself,
yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
Hmm

Any dog that is puking (or hungry-needs a bath-walk etc) is by definition "Hers"

A dog with muddy feet or ready to play is "His"

Back
Top Bottom