mericks? can I give anything to discurage more death

snaper passed away friday. I was feeding her a special mash I got from the vet. I had her on coxi med and a antibiotic. we did not have the funds to take her in. I am so so sad. I still have the rest of the flock on coxi med and I am giving them lots of fresh greens and some berries from the freezer I also gave them some vitamins in the water with sugger in the water to sweeten it so they would drink it. one of my salmon faverels looked sick and was very thin. she is putting on weight now and she seems better but I am still keeping her isolated just to be safe. I wanted to take snaper in for an autopsy to see what she passed from but the vet never called me back to tell me how much it would cost. I had thought she would make it...she was a good girl...

I am putting clean straw in as much as possible and using bleach water in a spray bottle to clean stuff. I am also scrubing watters daily and keeping them on coxi.. what are the symtms of marix....

I'm sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

An autopsy may be alot cheaper going thru your county extension> agriculture> animal disease laboratory. It was only $30.00 for me and they are very very thorough. If another is going thru it, I think it would be worth finding out what it is to possibly prevent the spread.

thank you for your nice words. I have two of snapers off spring and one has gone broody and is setting on some eggs that will be bantam frizzle cochin. she is very protective and will not let me look at all. I am so glad to have some of snappers off spring she was a beautefull and sweet girl.

Back
Top Bottom