Merriams Wild Turkey

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by pampered_poultry, Mar 10, 2011.

1. pampered_poultry

pampered_poultry Songster

Feb 16, 2011
    South GA
    I have been raising Merriams Wild Turkeys for just over 5 years and have 46 in my breed stock. I am looking to add another strain to my flock....does anyone have any good looking Merriams? Not looking for a cross...

Also - I have poults for sale at $ 25 each...PM me if interested.

Thanks!
    Richard

2. Jmiller429

Jmiller429 Songster

Jun 24, 2010
    Bedford co. PA
    not sure if you saw, there are some merriams eggs on ebay right now for presale, unless they happen to be yours.

3. pampered_poultry

Feb 16, 2011
    South GA
    Yep... those are mine. In addition other eggs I have seen on there came from my stock. THANKS!!!

4. jasonm11

jasonm11 Songster

Nov 18, 2010
    tioga tx
    I have a two year old tom in north TX come and get him. He is a little flighty for my taste. i like the temperment of my BR better.
    [​IMG]

5. horseshoecreekranch

horseshoecreekranch Songster

Jun 26, 2009
    Quote:Hey Jason

I think that is a Tom you got off of me. If so... He would trace back to Richard's stock. Let me know if I am wrong [​IMG] If you did get him from me, I'm sorry he's not workin out for ya.

6. pampered_poultry

Feb 16, 2011
    South GA
    Quote:Texas is a good bit of a drive... but what would it cost to ship? Sounds like it would be one my birds anyways.... [​IMG]

7. jasonm11

jasonm11 Songster

Nov 18, 2010
    tioga tx
    Quote:Hey Jason

I think that is a Tom you got off of me. If so... He would trace back to Richard's stock. Let me know if I am wrong [​IMG] If you did get him from me, I'm sorry he's not workin out for ya.

He is the one I got from you. Very pretty bird, but a little to flighty. I have Bourbon Reds and the temperment suites my environment. I like to leave them out in the yard to free range. He tends to be hard to get back in the pen and it influences the hens. I really like him, he just wont calm down.[​IMG] No reason to be sorry we have and will continue to enjoy him. I just have to be very careful when i let him out.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: