Merry Christmas to me...My first egg....

Ol'FashionHen

Songster
11 Years
Oct 24, 2008
The South
I was soo egg-cited
celebrate.gif
Friday evening I went out to check on my biddies and low and behold there layed an egg behind the door. My sweet little silkie she made me an egg
celebrate.gif
. She made me another one Saturday too
wee.gif
. Sunday....nothing but maybe today. I will post pics in a day or two for ya'll.
thumbsup.gif

Aww... a silkie's first egg. Before you know it she'll go broody for the first time, too.
lau.gif

I think that silkies only go broody once, though. The problem is that they never go un-broody!

She gave me an egg Friday and Saturday. She has not given me anymore yet. But she acts like she is... running around being noisy and her hubby runs around behind her always checkin' out what she is doing. I put out a box on the floor just for her, she got in straighten up house right away while her hubby sat in front of the opening making sure nobody was peekin' in on her and of course everybody in the hen house was very curious as to what she was doing, but her hubby was not havn' it he was flapping his wings at em'
lau.gif
, to cute they are. And Bernedette my sweet lorpie girl all she wants to do is roost on the bottom nest and poop all in it
th.gif
. Oh and thanks everybody
big_smile.png

Last edited:
How cool! Don't you feel like you're in a different club all of a sudden? I'm sooo happy for you - way to go little silkie!!!! I love the story of her hubby guarding her while she fixes up her nest. That is too cute!

celebrate.gif
love.gif
:love

Back
Top Bottom