messy run

riyadh123

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 7, 2013
ok ive picked the dark side of my garden for the chickens to roam around in. (a run).so i dont think the chicks will be happy. so is there anything i can do to keep them happy, like putting all the fresh grass from the mowing there?

Are they going to stay in the run all the time? If so, diversion therapy is needed - something to peck at other than each other. Try cabbage tetherball - make a hole through the cabbage and hang it from the roof. It might take awhile, but they will have fun with it. Sunflower heads, pumpkins (make a small hole in it to peek the interest). Is there some way you can let then into the sun for a few hours/day? sunshine really does them good.
Btw, were you in Riyadh - if so when? I was there for 3 years. Sue

ok thnx. i do leave them in the run all day.
btw-my actual name is Riyadh, but i do go on holiday to Riyadh sometimes.

An interesting city - big difference in the new and old quarters. I enjoyed my time there, the people were very friendly.
If the chicks get too bored they will pick at each other, eggs etc. so keeping them busy is important. If you can let them out for a few hours that would be great. I can always entice mine back to the run with some dried mealworms - they must be chicken caviar or something! Sue

Back
Top Bottom