Metal coop ideals

Pennychickens1

Songster
8 Years
9 Years
Aug 27, 2014
We have a lot of old roofing metal that I would like to make a medium size coop with . Has anyone does this before an please pictures?

Might be a good idea....or not.
Metal coops can be like ovens and also create condensation inside.

Here's some threads to browse thru:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/se...]=1&c[nodes][0]=9&c[title_only]=1&o=relevance

Is your climate mild?
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1597093333947.png

3AD616C9-F0DB-43E3-B834-5AA5F8C778CF.jpeg
We have a lot of old roofing metal that I would like to make a medium size coop with . Has anyone does this before an please pictures?
We are currently building a tractor and used barn siding for the walls. Here’s a photo of the frame. I’ll get pictures when I get home from work so you can see the siding installed.

ADCB4A73-DF30-4DF3-AFCE-728831E7ABB3.jpeg

Sorry it took me so long to post the picture I promised. I have too many projects! Here’s a photo of the tractor with the barn siding attached. There is a slope to the roof so rain will run off the back. Front and back overhang is 8”, side overhang is 4”. Roof is attached to plywood.

Nice joinery...Kreg?
Is it still being built or has it been in use for awhile?
You should make a coop page for this.
Thank you @aart I will pass along your compliment to my son. It is still being built and this is the stage it is in as of Wed night. I can’t answer your question about the joinery so I will ask my son. Wheels will go on this weekend and then the hardware cloth. I will probably compose a coop page for it when it is finished.

Back
Top Bottom