Metal shed

Hi all. So I just moved from Orlando Fl where I had a cow panel coop, which was perfect for my girls, to caneyville ky. Big BIG change for me. There is a 15x15 metal shed on the property that I want to convert into a coop. I know I'll need to insulate it so it won't be an oven in the summer and a freezer in the winter. My question is this. The floor is dirt. I was thinking of pouring a concrete floor and just keeping straw down. Thoughts.
Pic is inside of my cow panel coop

I live in Louisville KY, which is about 1.5 hours from Caneyville KY. We have three more chickens than our coop will accommodate over this winter. They are our pets which give us eggs. We need to rehome three of our eight chickens. They are free to you if you pick them up. Let me know if you are interested. All are healthy, seven are currently laying and one is molting. Reply to me by email: [email protected]

Hi all. So I just moved from Orlando Fl where I had a cow panel coop, which was perfect for my girls, to caneyville ky. Big BIG change for me. There is a 15x15 metal shed on the property that I want to convert into a coop. I know I'll need to insulate it so it won't be an oven in the summer and a freezer in the winter. My question is this. The floor is dirt. I was thinking of pouring a concrete floor and just keeping straw down. Thoughts.
Pic is inside of my cow panel coop
How about the idea of deep litter method, which is best with a dirt floor?

Back
Top Bottom