Metzer farms? or McMurry hatchery?

Although I've little to no experience in the waterfowl dept. for either hatchery, I'll say this -

I'd personally choose Metzer for the simple fact that they ONLY do waterfowl, (and gamebirds I think?) which means they have more time to actually focus on the quality of the birds. The more variety you have to sell, the lesser quality of product you're selling.
wink.png

McMurray has nearly everything and so far I've never been pleased with their chickens or the few ducks I've seen, both in terms of aesthetics and also genetic health.

My opinion.
smile.png

I recently ordered six female Cayuga ducklings from Metzer Farms, and I received six healthy, rambunctious, adorable Cayuga ducklings. Shipped the date promised, arrived the next day, with the ordered Gro-gel.

They're growing like weeds and I have every faith they were sexed correctly.

I am extremely happy with Metzer Farms!

Quote:
OMG!!! John Metzer posted on my topic! LOL!!! I wasnt sure if anyone was more happy with mcmurry then metzer. I really like metzer farms. And something about mcmurry bothered me. But thats just my gut talking. Should I trust it? Lol.

I've only gotten geese from Metzer's, but I've been so so happy with them. Mine are a breed where temperament is a pretty important breed trait, and the ones I got have been absolutely sweet and lovely (not to mention thriving and vigorous!) Having intangible traits like personality remain intact is pretty cool.

Metzer specializes in waterfowl, and the Metzer web page is so chock full of waterfowl information that you know the Metzers really care about their birds and want to help people who are interested in waterfowl.

That gets my vote for them.

Back
Top Bottom