Mexican Chickens?

Adopted Chickenman

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 12, 2010
Rogers
Question, can you feed chickens soft corn tortillias? I has left over soft taco shells and did't want to throw them away.
idunno.gif

Absolutely! And if yours are anything like mine, they will gratefully devour them.

There's a general guideline you hear about not feeding too much "starch foods" too frequently, because an over-abundance has the potential to make them overly fat. But small amounts or occasional feasts are fine, even good. Starches are a essential food group for them, just like us--a source of useful and necessary calories.

I use to go to the day old bakery and pick up their bread for a little of nothig, but I stopped because they strted cutting the bags and I had no way to store it.

My chickens loved it, I usually feed 1 slice of bread per chicken in the pen two to three days a week.

School across the street gives me extra food every now and then to feed the chickens... They love tortillas.

Mine love tortillias...actually they have gotten to where they eat just about anything that I throw out there. Back during the summer (when the bugs were more plentiful) they were definitely more picky than they are lately!

1) Read "Mexican Chickens" thread
2) Retrieve corn tortillas from refrigerator
3) Ask chickens whether they would like to eat said tortillas
4) Sit back and enjoy the resulting "keep away" game

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom