Meyer Hatchery: A Raise A long (Black & Blue Copper Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Easter Egger and Olive Eggers Galore)

Pics
I bought 3 BCM from a Meyers on March 25th, one seems to have a lot of white on the chest…. Hoping that gets pruned out when new feathers come in but I’m curious what did your BCMs look like at 3 weeks and what do they look like now?
The one pullet standing on the Home Depot bucket all alone is a cuckoo marans right? Any help is appreciated thank you
Here is the sus BCM…. Supposed to be a pullet…. Can BCM have a beak that’s not all black and still meet SOP?

I have 3 additional BCM from a private breeder that are a year old and I don’t remember them having so much white. Here is my BCM roo Harry, just for fun
Wrath is a wealth of knowledge here too.

It is not uncommon for the BCM's to have some white feathering under 10 weeks of age. As their primary feathers come in they will shed the white generally. I had two that had white wing and facial feathers for a bit like around 8-9 weeks they shed. This was last week and they are nearly 11 weeks old now :).

Yes the bucket queen is the cuckoo named Fudge. She has a twin that got the darker gene that looks like a little hawk lol.

Mine also had white little rumps that fell out around 4-5 weeks so that might be what's left on them as their feathers come in for you.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• CHICKEN1.jpg
    CHICKEN1.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 5
Wrath is a wealth of knowledge here too.

It is not uncommon for the BCM's to have some white feathering under 10 weeks of age. As their primary feathers come in they will shed the white generally. I had two that had white wing and facial feathers for a bit like around 8-9 weeks they shed. This was last week and they are nearly 11 weeks old now :).

Yes the bucket queen is the cuckoo named Fudge. She has a twin that got the darker gene that looks like a little hawk lol.

Mine also had white little rumps that fell out around 4-5 weeks so that might be what's left on them as their feathers come in for you.

Hope this helps!
Well thank you..👍
And you are correct, I've been told white generally is not to be a concern until after their approximate 18 month molt. Most usually lose the white feathers much quicker tho.

Well thank you..👍
And you are correct, I've been told white generally is not to be a concern until after their approximate 18 month molt. Most usually lose the white feathers much quicker tho.
Yeah generally the SOP you aren't going to see until their first full molt at that 18 months mark for feather coloring. I've been fortunate with my batch of ladies from Meyer's. Even the Blue Copper Marans are beautiful.

I'll try to get a picture of my rooster that's better but he is BEAUTIFUL! I don't want to sit here and toot my horn as anything can happen in a year, but hopefully he will be close to the SOP and I can breed to get it better :).

Your white one is adorable! Especially in the second pic
There is two twin white ones that are white EE's they are adorable and the personalities of the coop.

Yeah generally the SOP you aren't going to see until their first full molt at that 18 months mark for feather coloring. I've been fortunate with my batch of ladies from Meyer's. Even the Blue Copper Marans are beautiful.

I'll try to get a picture of my rooster that's better but he is BEAUTIFUL! I don't want to sit here and toot my horn as anything can happen in a year, but hopefully he will be close to the SOP and I can breed to get it better :).

Toot away !! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom