Meyer Hatchery "All Pullet Rainbow Pack"

Meyer seems super agreeable tho, you could tell them "Don't care what I get, but could you try to get me cold hardy breeds?" I bet they'd be willing. You may not get too many different breeds tho.

I wouldn't worry too much about 'cold hardy breeds'. It's nice to have, but I live in upstate NY and I have leghorns and other 'warm weather' birds. They did fine even down to minus double digits. Plus when it gets hot for a week or two in the summer (LOL) they do much better than the other birds. =)

Wow, sounds like some nice selections went out last year.. I ordered the 25 Rainbow Pullet pack from Meyer a couple months ago hoping for some neat variety and got a bunch of plain ol' layers. Not 100% confirmed on breed, but my educated guesses are 9 White Rocks, 4 Buff Orps (one has severe crookneck and will be put down soon probably), 5 RIRs, 4 Barred Rocks, 3 SLWs (at least, I think..the lacing on them is terrible. One is severely lame and I'll be putting her down soon, too), and 2 silver laced Polish. I was so excited to get those 2 polish! My DH, who isn't into chickens, fell in love with those 2, too. Then they both died suddenly, 2 days apart, at 6 weeks old, for Lord knows why. Generally, I'm happy with Meyer, and I'm sure some folks would love this layer bunch, but I won't be ordering a surprise pack like this again. Wish I'd ordered last year!

Back
Top Bottom