Meyer Hatchery - Anyone use them???

I used Meyer's small order program when I got my first chickens (back when 5 chickens seemed like enough). Ordered 7, received 8 (the 8th of the same gender and breed that I ordered).

They were all correctly sexed (pullets) and are now healthy, happy girls laying me beautiful eggs every day.

I'd most definately order from them again.

I have chicks from Meyer - they are now 2 weeks old. I ordered 6 (got 7). With their small order program, it cost about 18 for the chicks (females, including vaccination) and $25 for shipping. They arrived healthy and active and look like they are going to be very nice looking hens, if I do say so myself.

As much as I appreciate Meyer, if you are in TX, you may want to look at Ideal if the weather is nice and warm since they are closer to you and your chicks would spend less time in shipping. From what I understand, they will work with you on a small order as well, (with extra shipping charges of course
big_smile.png
. )

One thing I particularly appreciated about Meyer was that my chicks came in a smaller sized box with plenty of straw, a heating pad (which was still nice and warm), and a bit of grogel for them to snack on. For all the trauma of being shipped through the mail, they had a pretty cozy setup.

i bought my barred rocks from them, they were started pullets though. i live in Ohio, so i drove up there to pick them up, i am pleased with the birds. the started pullets though are beak trimmed, but on the babies i think you can specify that you don't want that done.

My Meyer order arrives on the 11th!!
yippiechickie.gif
WOOO HOOO!!
D.gif
They have been great, we have changed the order twice and finally split it so we can get the majority now and get the rest when they start laying. They were very accomodating!!

I'm expecting my first order from Meyer's this upcoming week. They are VERY helpful over the telephone (as an aside, they informed me that banties couldn't be sexed!!- I was shocked)
After my Grandson cranked up my incubator and fried my last batch of eggs, I just ordered chicks. Probably more cost effective anyway.

Back
Top Bottom