Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Fun thread!
We have 20 coming 3-1. They only ship 15 plus before April first. Hoping for a warm week and heathly chicks! We only wanted 2 and a could friends each wanted 6 so we could have come up with 15 but chicken math and we are up to 20! Hoping it will be easy to ID them. My one friend has 2 EE 2 BR and 2 Golden campine. My other friend has 2 wyandotte’s and 4 marans. We have 2 buff brama, 2 each gold and silver Wyandotte’s along with 2 campine. Can’t wait to see them! Hoping they are easy to ID as my brooder box is realy only good for the 8 I’ll set up a second as we sort them out!

First time with chicks for me since I was a kid. First mail order too. Spent a lot of time here reading up! Hoping for the best

Fun thread!
We have 20 coming 3-1. They only ship 15 plus before April first. Hoping for a warm week and heathly chicks! We only wanted 2 and a could friends each wanted 6 so we could have come up with 15 but chicken math and we are up to 20! Hoping it will be easy to ID them. My one friend has 2 EE 2 BR and 2 Golden campine. My other friend has 2 wyandotte’s and 4 marans. We have 2 buff brama, 2 each gold and silver Wyandotte’s along with 2 campine. Can’t wait to see them! Hoping they are easy to ID as my brooder box is realy only good for the 8 I’ll set up a second as we sort them out!

First time with chicks for me since I was a kid. First mail order too. Spent a lot of time here reading up! Hoping for the best

Less than a month and your new chicks will be here... How fun! Hopefully they will be relatively easy to tell apart once they arrive. Meyer has some really good chick pics on their site that make identifying chick breeds pretty easy. Here is the link where you can find all their chicks listed for easier identification. https://www.meyerhatchery.com/support.a5w

A fun egg from one of my Meyer Black Copper Marans:
IMG_0401.JPG

Another Meyer BCM egg surrounded by some others (EE, Orps, Campine, Ex. Leghorn, etc.)
IMG_0405.JPG

Getting an interesting egg with a pinkish bloom from (possibly) my Meyer Buff Orpington (top right of next pic). Plus, one of my Meyer Olive Eggers started laying some eggs that had a cool greyish-blue bloom (bottom layer, top left corner of next photo). When wet, the eggs were an olive green. Loved the bloom on those first few eggs, but she seems to have lost that bloom with time. For now the pink bloom one has continued to stay pink though. I think the speckled egg (lower right) is from my Meyer Splash Marans.
IMG_0437.JPG

Today's haul:
IMG_0460.JPG

A couple of the mid-tone browns and tinted eggs are not Meyer eggs, but you can clearly see at least one BCM egg, an egg with a pinkish bloom, a couple olive eggs, a couple green eggs (EEs) and a pale blue egg (Ameraucana). Initially, I was a bit disappointed with my Meyer Ameraucana eggs because they were very green, but they appear to have become more blue over time.

As my neighbor calls it... It's a party in a box!!!

Last edited:
Yes, I’ve looked around there site quite a bit lots of pictures! The chick ID page is good too! None of us have a big enough brooder for 20 but they should be fine for about 10 days in the ones that all of us have... gota pull out at least 6. As they feather out the other 6. Once we sort them out I’ll move mine into the coop brooder. The dozzen we have now can get to know them and about 6 weeks I’ll start to crack the door for them. Hopefully by 10 weeks I can take the door off the coop brooder....

Tracking number revived! No status change though. I’m guessing the label and email go out before they are boxed? I signed up for tracking status updates via text! We will see if I’m woken tonight!

My guess is in about 24 hours +\- 12 they will be a ride to the post office!

I made my first chick order from Meyer today!
My current birds were purchased at Tractor Supply.
I ordered 2 Speckled Sussex, 2 Partridge Rocks, 2 Australorp, 2 Barred Rocks, 1 Wesummer & 1 GL Wyandotte. They should ship around May 15th.
I really wanted to order Dorkings but the earliest availability was July...:(
Maybe I could do a small order of 3 for July?
I don't really have room for that many but I may be able to convince a friend to order with me...:confused:

I’d wait till the first batch comes in and gets settled.

I’d like to get my brahmas and a couple bard rocks. I’m thinking I’ll wait and see what makes it in on today’s order before I order more. I’ve got an extra coop/run for a pullett pen, and enough brooder space to grow them at the same time. A week out of town for a weeding come May throws a wrench in the works though!

Back
Top Bottom