Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Post pictures when they come!!

I'll try! I hope I can tell them all apart! I ordered 5 barred rocks 5 golden buffs 5 Easter eggers and 3 olive eggers. I know I'll be able to identify the barred rocks and golden buffs but what about the Easter eggers and olive eggers? Could I possibly get them tagged go tell the difference? I didn't know if they would tag them for the different breeds.

I'll try! I hope I can tell them all apart! I ordered 5 barred rocks 5 golden buffs 5 Easter eggers and 3 olive eggers. I know I'll be able to identify the barred rocks and golden buffs but what about the Easter eggers and olive eggers? Could I possibly get them tagged go tell the difference? I didn't know if they would tag them for the different breeds.
I don't think that they do. My easter egger from Meyer Hatchery is a little unique because she is SOLID cream. She has muffs and a beard, but is not like any other easter egger I've seen pictures of. But she's the one that is laying beautiful green eggs so she makes up for her lack of color just fine!

my new barred rock Rooster only a 9 days old

Thanks! Ellie is so pretty too. You know I want an EE that color!!
I have this for the waterer:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/21799162?...56547916&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=50567295276&veh=sem
or copy and paste:
Miller Mfg Co HB125 Water Elec Heater Base

It works really well. So far my galvanized waterer that sits on top hasn't rusted but after the weather warms up and I don't need it anymore, I'll go back to 2 plastic waterers and only use the metal one in the cold weather. Hopefully if I dry it and store it away till next winter it will last longer. I did buy an all in one plastic waterer/heater and it didn't work. So rather replace it with the same one I bought the metal one. I didn't hear great things about the plastic one. I think it was this one: http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/All...earch&gslfah&gclid=CJL4u6-5sbwCFUHNOgodAGAAcw

Hope that helps!

Sooo, we got more snow. We're breaking all kinds of records here. AND we're getting snow/ice tomorrow night and Sunday is another possibly big snow storm.
Crazy!!
I think the girls are really sick of it to:hmmnly 3 eggs today :(

You should see my pup running in snow that's up to his shoulders
he loves it!!

Oh I love it when you post pictures of your corgi
love.gif
He is one of the most adorable things ever!

I think the only way to tell will be when they lay an egg. Long time to wait! Although, maybe they're more 'plain' or solid colors and should have a fluffy face where sometimes the EE's don't. Just a guess on my part
wink.png

Awww, so cute.
I don't think that they do. My easter egger from Meyer Hatchery is a little unique because she is SOLID cream. She has muffs and a beard, but is not like any other easter egger I've seen pictures of. But she's the one that is laying beautiful green eggs so she makes up for her lack of color just fine!
Sounds pretty!!! Any pics??? Are they truly olive colored eggs?
Oh I love it when you post pictures of your corgi
love.gif
He is one of the most adorable things ever!
LOL Thanks!! He's my little gentleman
He's going on 10 years old so we're tossing around the idea of getting another one
clap.gif
We were hoping he would teach the new pup
how to be so well behaved! Honestly, I told him once when he was a puppy to get down off the couch and now I have to beg him to
come up and snuggle.

I had an EE and she died this past summer and I don't know why but her olive green eggs were cool. Hoping for another EE next year

craziheartfarm, I love your tractor with wagon wheels! And your pasture with tall grasses blooming is very inviting looking in early February. I also ordered from Meyer Hatchery for shipment in mid April. I am now considering driving down to pick them up instead of waiting the extra day for my chicks.

Thanks! Ellie is so pretty too. You know I want an EE that color!!
I have this for the waterer:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/21799162?...56547916&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=50567295276&veh=sem
or copy and paste:
Miller Mfg Co HB125 Water Elec Heater Base

It works really well. So far my galvanized waterer that sits on top hasn't rusted but after the weather warms up and I don't need it anymore, I'll go back to 2 plastic waterers and only use the metal one in the cold weather. Hopefully if I dry it and store it away till next winter it will last longer. I did buy an all in one plastic waterer/heater and it didn't work. So rather replace it with the same one I bought the metal one. I didn't hear great things about the plastic one. I think it was this one: http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/All...earch&gslfah&gclid=CJL4u6-5sbwCFUHNOgodAGAAcw

Hope that helps!

Sooo, we got more snow. We're breaking all kinds of records here. AND we're getting snow/ice tomorrow night and Sunday is another possibly big snow storm.
Crazy!!
I think the girls are really sick of it to:hmmnly 3 eggs today :(

You should see my pup running in snow that's up to his shoulders
he loves it!!
I hope in your next batch that you get an EE that color and of course I hope all of your EE's lay green or blue eggs. Or are you ordering the Olive Eggers too?

Thanks for the waterer info. I didn't even think of putting up the metal one until winter, that's a great idea. Especially since I already have a big and a small plastic one. I need to claim a space in one of our sheds for all my chicken stuff. My husband has all his equipment in them and I am always having to dig through to my stuff since he always seems to put stuff in my way. I'm the organized one in the house with everyone else it's a battle.

That is a lot of snow! You're Corgi is adorable! Maxie, my chow, would love it if we got that much snow. I guess there is still a chance for more for us, but so far we've not had it as bad as everyone else. We've had the extreme cold, but not the ice and snow. Yesterday we got up to 72 degrees, today the high is 42 degrees, tomorrow the high will be 66, this is some crazy fluctuations here.

I miss mine being that small, they grow so fast. I never had a rooster though. I wonder when he'll start crowing?

I had an EE and she died this past summer and I don't know why but her olive green eggs were cool. Hoping for another EE next year
So sorry, they are a fun breed to have, I hope that you can get another soon!

craziheartfarm, I love your tractor with wagon wheels! And your pasture with tall grasses blooming is very inviting looking in early February. I also ordered from Meyer Hatchery for shipment in mid April. I am now considering driving down to pick them up instead of waiting the extra day for my chicks.
If I lived close that's what I'd do. Can't wait to see the pics of your chicks!

Back
Top Bottom