Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

I'm getting a small replacement order this week... 3 GB and I snagged the last OE!!!!!! I will just have to sell 2 GB either as chicks or when they're off the heat.

Yay!!! So far I absolutely LOVE my Ex Leghorns. One is just the sweetest little chick!!!
When do you get your order? Good job getting a OE! I'm watching all of you with the OE's so I can see how they do and egg color etc. Need some of those next year!

Now the White Leghorns are nice too, just sayin'...
big_smile.png

Ours, Snow was a real sweety too and not any louder then the rest. You do make me want a Ex Leghorn. I am going to stick to the leghorns for my white eggs from now on, no more flighty small birds for me like the Andulasions or Campines. I still want a Golden Lakenvelder though.

You have some pretty roosters! I wish we had the land to have some. I hope you get eggs soon, it is always so hard to wait. Buy a couple dozen at the store and then the hens will start laying, always worked for me.

Thanks, the buffs are really starting to get those really golden feathers coming in. It is pretty funny to watch they crow, they are not very goo yet, good thing they practice a lot! I have a push/pull feeling about Rojo, he is a big guy and seems to have good instincts, he will stay outside the coop with the last few girls in the evening. Just hate how he tries to be some dominate with the girls. Oh well need to figure out what is best for the flock.

So, I just left a Tractor Supply poultry/small animal swap/sale. I didn't have my back hatch open 5 minutes and I sold my two lavender Ameraucana cockerels. They hatched 5/23 and are 11 weeks. I have to tell you I was sad. Hatching these babies, getting attached to them and then seeing them leave my dog crate into someone else's cat made me teary eyed. Too bad I can't keep all these roosters. Sorry little boys. I hope your new owner loves you as much as I did.
MB

When do you get your order? Good job getting a OE! I'm watching all of you with the OE's so I can see how they do and egg color etc. Need some of those next year!

big_smile.png

Ours, Snow was a real sweety too and not any louder then the rest. You do make me want a Ex Leghorn. I am going to stick to the leghorns for my white eggs from now on, no more flighty small birds for me like the Andulasions or Campines. I still want a Golden Lakenvelder though.

I was just discussing our breeding plans with DH this morning and how to turn our extra area into a breeding area. Problem is that area is also where the dry dusting area is. So we need to split it somehow. Anyway, I have 5 different ways to make OEs so it will be interesting to see which combo makes the best colors both for birds and eggs. Our combos are:

CCL roo over Maran and Welsummer (and our BA lays almost as dark as the welsummer so I might add her too)
Blue Copper Maran roo over CCL and EE

I don't think we'll start saving eggs until spring though.

So, I just left a Tractor Supply poultry/small animal swap/sale. I didn't have my back hatch open 5 minutes and I sold my two lavender Ameraucana cockerels. They hatched 5/23 and are 11 weeks. I have to tell you I was sad. Hatching these babies, getting attached to them and then seeing them leave my dog crate into someone else's cat made me teary eyed. Too bad I can't keep all these roosters. Sorry little boys. I hope your new owner loves you as much as I did.
MB

I'm not surprised they went fast. They are beautiful. I'm sure whoever bought them will adore them.

I was just discussing our breeding plans with DH this morning and how to turn our extra area into a breeding area. Problem is that area is also where the dry dusting area is. So we need to split it somehow. Anyway, I have 5 different ways to make OEs so it will be interesting to see which combo makes the best colors both for birds and eggs. Our combos are:

CCL roo over Maran and Welsummer (and our BA lays almost as dark as the welsummer so I might add her too)

I'm not surprised they went fast. They are beautiful. I'm sure whoever bought them will adore them.
That is so neat to be able to breed your own EE's! I'd be interested in following your new project. Plus all you plans for coop/run remodeling. I like what you did to your fireplace by the way. (Maybe it was my computer but I had a little trouble seeing some of the pics, just FYI- probably just me though)

MB
Aww I know how you feel. I took our Buckeye to a TSC swap a couple months ago and he was snatched up at the front of the store before getting to the actual swap. I cried on the way home and felt like I was in shock for a few days at how quickly it happened. But totally now surprising for Lav Am ;)

Miss Amelia
Is Miss Amelia a Golden Buff? She's pretty!

big_smile.png

I know... some day I will get a Leghorn! Snow was such a lady!! Don't forget the Cream Brabanters... white eggs from them too!!!
here is my sweetie... Eva today...

Her tail is just coming back after what I think is their last juvenile molt!

Chicks coming this week. I asked for them to put a heat pack in the box because the last batch didn't have one and I'm sure that was the problem. It's going to go down to the 60's at night here and only low 80's during the day. The customer service rep told me she would put a note on my order but said they know what they're doing in the shipping dept so I really don't know what will happen. We'll see!

I'd love to see the BCM roo over CCL and EE's I bet they'd be really pretty!!! And great eggs :)

Aww I know how you feel. I took our Buckeye to a TSC swap a couple months ago and he was snatched up at the front of the store before getting to the actual swap. I cried on the way home and felt like I was in shock for a few days at how quickly it happened. But totally now surprising for Lav Am ;)
I wish we had swaps here... I have to put mine on Craigslist. Hope someone wants them!!

Last edited:
Is Miss Amelia a Golden Buff?  She's pretty!

Thank you. Yes, she certainly is a Golden Buff :) Don't tell the others but I think she's my favorite. Don't get me wrong I love all the snuggles and hugs from Baby our BO but Amelia is so quiet and pretty. And she's been squatting for me. I also really love the calm relationship I have with my husband's Dorking, she's friendly but quiet and not demanding. She'll just come up to say hello, sit next to me or crawl on my lap.

I know... some day I will get a Leghorn!  Snow was such a lady!!   Don't forget the Cream Brabanters... white eggs from them too!!!
here is my sweetie... Eva today...

Pretty girls! The photos I've seen of everyone's White Leghorns on here makes me seriously reconsider Leghorns as a breed and white chickens in general. And Nancy I wouldn't even know about Cream Barbanters if it weren't for your fabulous girls!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom