Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Meanwhile, my current Meyer girls are 11 months old today! :D

Frou-Frou the blue splash Marans:

My partridge Plymouth Rocks:

And my speckled Sussex:

These sex links arrived last week. I was impressed. It was more expensive than other hatcheries out there but they did a fine job with very well designed and protective box. Happy chicks! =)

Okay, now that I have calmed down, here is my recap / update:

The chicks shipped out from Meyers on Monday, May 6th. I picked them up from the USPS sorting hub (because I couldn't wait any longer) on Wednesday, May 8th.

SFAF Salmon Faverolle Females
2​
$3.83​
$7.66​
Shipped

AMAF Easter Egger Females
2​
$2.88​
$5.76​
Shipped

BLMF Black Copper Marans Female
1​
$9.66​
$9.66​
Shipped

WELF Welsummer Females
2​
$3.83​
$7.66​
Shipped

BNVF Barnevelder Female
1​
$9.66​
$9.66​
Shipped

DELF Delaware Female
1​
$2.88​
$2.88​
Shipped

BKEF Buckeye Female
1​
$3.83​
$3.83​
Shipped

BFBF Buff Brahma Standard Females
2​
$3.83​
$7.66​
Shipped

LIBF Light Brahma Females
2​
$2.88​
$5.76​
Shipped

BLAF Black Australorp Female
1​
$2.71​
$2.71​
Shipped

BUOM Buff Orpington Male
1​
$2.11​
$2.11​
Shipped

BUOF Buff Orpington Female
1​
$2.71​
$2.71​
Shipped

BLRF Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Females------
2​
$4.78​
$9.56​
Shipped

PARF Partridge Rock Female
1​
$2.88​
$2.88​
Shipped

SSXF Speckled Sussex Female
1​
$2.88​
$2.88​
Shipped

BARF Barred Rock Female---------------------------
1​
$2.71​
$2.71​
Shipped

The Australorp was in the fetal position and one of my Salmon Faverolles was doing a head stand in the box. I quickly put them in their previously set up brooder (after dipping each one's beak into their food and water). Several were weak and could barely walk. There were several that wouldn't eat and drink. After I knew they had warmed up, I carefully and slowly administered Sav-a-chick in a dropper to the ones that weren't getting around very well and also fed them yogurt with soaked chick feed and a little baby food mixed together. The Australorp and Salmon Faverolles did not make the night. Still administering food and water to the weaklings, The Barred Rock, Welsummer, and second Faverolles passed later that day. My deformed chick (guessing it was my other EE, even though it was missing it's fluffy cheeks) passed the next morning. Needless to say, I've not had a lot of sleep and I feel terribly defeated.

On a good note: The remaining survivors are doing great. They are good looking chicks and are now very active. I went to my local feed store to pick up some replacement chicks. I got 2 more EEs and 2 Black Sex Links. They are from Ideal and are doing great. I managed to get some pics of the survivors.....

Speckled Sussex?

Delaware

Buckeye

White EE!!!!

Light Brahmas

Lighter one's webbed toes :(

Blue Laced Red Wyandottes looking at normal toes

another shot because they are beautiful!

Black Copper Maran (great personality already)

Buff Orpingtons

Remaining Welsummer

Buff Brahmas

Barnevelder

Partridge Rock

My replacements from Atwoods (Ideal Poultry stock):

Black Sex Links

EEs, both are the same age, but one is SUPER FLUFFY :)

Aw, sorry for your losses, LaurenLauren2007! Your first baby, there, is not a speckled Sussex. It looks like another EE maybe? Speckled Sussex look like this as babies:

Some better pictures of my new flock, taken at about five days old:
Black Copper Marans
Australorp
Buff Brahma Bantam -- this one doesn't hold her wings against her body well, but I'm hoping they won't stick out as much as she gets older.
Buff Silkie, tiny and feisty as anything.
White Silkie, surprisingly large for a Bantam breed
Silver Laced Polish

My three Easter Eggers; I got one that's growing in black and white and two that are different patterns of red and black. Can't wait to see what these girls look like after their adult molt!

Back
Top Bottom