Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Does anyone have experience with fowl pox? I think a few of my girls have it
hit.gif

It looks like the pics I've been looking at on this site...

I think the last photo shows it pretty well. Of course it's always our favorites that are affected by things right?
Henrietta my BR has it the worst.
Pipsqueak, one RIR and maybe Izzy.

If anyone has experience, did you do anything for it?

I haven't had experience with it but from what I looked up before when my BR had something like this, it doesn't look like fowl pox. The pox are usually raised. Similar to a human's chicken pox. These look like dried sores from getting into stuff or pecking.

mine has something similar I'm pretty sure it's fowl pox iv been worried I posted on another thread but il post it again what do y'all think?

mine has something similar I'm pretty sure it's fowl pox iv been worried I posted on another thread but il post it again what do y'all think?
Her marks look bigger and more raised than mine but since mine are about 7 months old too I really have no idea either. Hope someone can help you.
I haven't had experience with it but from what I looked up before when my BR had something like this, it doesn't look like fowl pox. The pox are usually raised. Similar to a human's chicken pox. These look like dried sores from getting into stuff or pecking.

Oh I hope you're right!!! There's really nothing to do about it anyway so I'll just watch it. Thx

I think I have seen similar spots on mine like this too and I assumed it was from being pecked as well.

I have not seen this before though.

Do either of your chickens act any different besides the black on their combs?

No they act fine I'm getting eggs almost everyday I have another hen starting to get it on her waddle now .il get a pic in the morning and post it

Back
Top Bottom