Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Thank y'all, Nancy and Lynn. My little yellow chick (I think it's a BO chick) is not perking up. I've taken her out and dipped her beak a couple more times in the Vital Pack water I mixed up that came with the chicks. She drinks a little. Then I put her back under the lamp. The other chicks walk on her. I feel like I'm just watching her die. :( Is there anything else I can do? I want to get her out, wrap her in a towel on a heating pad and hold her. My mini Aussie is a good baby sitter too but I'm afraid he wouldn't be warm enough.
idunno.gif

Oh!!!! My babies won't be here for THREE more weeks!!!! Its going to be virtually impossible to not go but any babies!!! Good thing I live in a town so small, I have to drive at least 45 min to the closest farm supply store!! Lol

When I had one like that, I had separated her within the brooder in a small box with a hand towel positioned like a nest. This prevented the others from trampling her. I then made a liquefied chick formula and dripped the food on the side of her beak every couple of hours. Within a day or two she perked up and was strong enough to join the group. Good luck with the baby!

When I had one like that, I had separated her within the brooder in a small box with a hand towel positioned like a nest. This prevented the others from trampling her. I then made a liquefied chick formula and dripped the food on the side of her beak every couple of hours. Within a day or two she perked up and was strong enough to join the group. Good luck with the baby!
I agree with this. I completely separated my Columbian Wyandotte. She perked up after awhile. Just make sure she is warm and give her droplets of the electrolytes. The key is to separate her from being trampled and don't worry about food too much the first day, the vitamins/electrolyte water is the key thing she needs. If she wants to eat chick starter that's a good sign though and sometimes moistening the food helps too.

Last edited:
Oh!!!! My babies won't be here for THREE more weeks!!!! Its going to be virtually impossible to not go but any babies!!! Good thing I live in a town so small, I have to drive at least 45 min to the closest farm supply store!! Lol
hang in there!!!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom