Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Good news about Olive! What day are the eggs on?

Nothing cuter than a ducking... so precious. I didn't know they liked water right away, that's so cute.

Oh yeah, they do. Makes it very hard to keep their pen dry when they are little. They have to be able to dip their heads and eyes in water to clean and need it to eat. It always turns into a play session. So you end up with water everywhere, changing bedding pretty much daily, and lots of soggy food. But they are great and worth the work, to me anyways. The only downside is all the poop. They poop more than anything you have ever experienced before and do not hold it any-at all!
Uh oh...I might have to get ducks!
Bwahahaha, join the ducky side.

The babies are finally here!
celebrate.gif
They put Gro-Gel in the box with them since they were shipped from CA. All arrived healthy and happy.

From largest to smallest a Jumbo Pekin (Cream Puff), a Cayuga (Midnight), and a Blue Runner (Blue Bell).

Adorable!!!

I have been officially initiated into the world of keeping chickens. I cracked an egg in my pocket today and it ran down my leg. We're still trying to finish up the run, so I collected a couple of eggs in my coat pocket and forgot to run them inside before I started working on the run. I reached into my pocket and was wondering why it was so wet. It was a really weird and kind of disgusting to reach in and get egg all over my hand. I was dressed so warm and with so many layers, I didn't even realize it ran down my pants leg too. Yuck!
sickbyc.gif

I have been officially initiated into the world of keeping chickens. I cracked an egg in my pocket today and it ran down my leg. We're still trying to finish up the run, so I collected a couple of eggs in my coat pocket and forgot to run them inside before I started working on the run. I reached into my pocket and was wondering why it was so wet. It was a really weird and kind of disgusting to reach in and get egg all over my hand. I was dressed so warm and with so many layers, I didn't even realize it ran down my pants leg too. Yuck!
sickbyc.gif
lau.gif
I couldn't stop laughing for a bit! Sorry Lynn but that was funny, luckily I have not had that happen.....yet.

sickbyc.gif

Gross! I think about that happening to me every time I put the eggs in my jacket pocket. I'm glad it hasn't happened and I'm going to think of you now every time I do that. lol

It is beautiful here today! I let the chickens out while I sat in the sun soaking it up. It felt so good, I didn't want to come back inside!

I have been officially initiated into the world of keeping chickens. I cracked an egg in my pocket today and it ran down my leg. We're still trying to finish up the run, so I collected a couple of eggs in my coat pocket and forgot to run them inside before I started working on the run. I reached into my pocket and was wondering why it was so wet. It was a really weird and kind of disgusting to reach in and get egg all over my hand. I was dressed so warm and with so many layers, I didn't even realize it ran down my pants leg too. Yuck!:sick

:lau  I couldn't stop laughing for a bit! Sorry Lynn but that was funny, luckily I have not had that happen.....yet.

I was going to respond to Lynn's post, but you said it exactly like I would. :lau Sorry, Lynn. Too funny.

lau.gif
I couldn't stop laughing for a bit! Sorry Lynn but that was funny, luckily I have not had that happen.....yet.
big_smile.png
Glad to cheer you up! It was pretty funny, especially when I was trying to figure out why my pocket was wet. My husband was amused too.
Gross! I think about that happening to me every time I put the eggs in my jacket pocket. I'm glad it hasn't happened and I'm going to think of you now every time I do that. lol

It is beautiful here today! I let the chickens out while I sat in the sun soaking it up. It felt so good, I didn't want to come back inside!
I read about someone else doing it on another thread and I was the same, I always thought about it when I put eggs in my pocket. We've been in such a hurry to get the run done, I've been just a tad absent minded. That's what you get when you hurry to much, scrambled eggs in your pocket and down your pants!
wink.png

I was going to respond to Lynn's post, but you said it exactly like I would.
lau.gif
Sorry, Lynn. Too funny.
Yup...I'm laughing about it now since I'm all cleaned up and the wash is done!

We are so so close to having the run complete. I am hoping to let them out in it tomorrow!!!!
celebrate.gif

:D  Glad to cheer you up! It was pretty funny, especially when I was trying to figure out why my pocket was wet. My husband was amused too.
I read about someone else doing it on another thread and I was the same, I always thought about it when I put eggs in my pocket. We've been in such a hurry to get the run done, I've been just a tad absent minded. That's what you get when you hurry to much, scrambled eggs in your pocket and down your pants! ;)

Yup...I'm laughing about it now since I'm all cleaned up and the wash is done!

We are so so close to having the run complete. I am hoping to let them out in it tomorrow!!!!:celebrate

Oh yay Lynn! I bet they are just itching to get out!

Back
Top Bottom