Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

I'm headed to the feed store... some of my chicks are in
celebrate.gif
I think the Silkies and EE's are here
wee.gif
(and of course whatever else I fall in love with!!)
Probably have to go back Friday for the Braranters that's just more temptations...

will post pics if they are indeed here!!

@daniellea2912
The Cochin is not splash, she would be mostly white with a little grey.

Speckled Sussex look like they have cute yellow/white bibs on :)

Edited to add :
I should have said that I think the Cochin is a blue, not splash or black.

Last edited:
[Ate name="RoostersCrow,HensDeliver!" url="/t/738837/meyer-hatchery-chicken-pics-anyone/4900#post_13337964"]
Why not a buff Orp? That's what she looks like to me.[/quote]

I thought that at first too since a buff o was already a part of my order I figured they sent two of them but now I'm noticing the two are looking a little different. I think this is the buff orp:

Buff orp?

The chick in question has smaller wings and is looking lighter in color.

Wow, Nancy, that list keeps getting bigger and bigger! Watch out for that chicken math!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Very beautiful! So jealous of the Ameraucana and Easter Egger. I want some! I guess I have to be careful of the chicken math, too!
wink.png
Oh yeah,,,that chicken math will surely get you!
wink.png

LOL, I KNOW!!! A friend of mine is getting some 6-10 week old pullets from a place about 50 min from here called LancasterFancyFowl (www.lancasterfancyfowl.com) and they are absolutely beautiful birds...
Their Salmon Faverolle's, Lavender Orps, Silkies and Black Copper Marans are gorgeous! But really pricey. That could be dangerous going there.
lau.gif
Bet that us way too tempting! I think I have found a few local sources near us. The first place is a farm around 20 to 30 minutes away. The city is hosting a farm tour event in a few weeks, so I looked at all their farms on the list and then looked to see if they have chickens. The name of the 1st place we'll visit is Allee'Bubba farms. They have produce, meat and eggs too. So hopefully it will be a nice place to visit. I am hoping they have hatching eggs too, they do sell chicks.

I really want to start letting my girls free range. I've been worried about predators but think under supervision it would be ok. How would I begin this? Just an hour before sunset and they go back in the coop themselves?? I'm nervous about trying to herd them back in once I let them out.
Everyone's suggestion have been great. Just call them back in with a "here, chick, chick and a shake of a container of scratch and BOSS and you're good to go. Mine will be going out again to free range by the weekend since the city is finishing up our yard this week!!! So excited for us and the chickens!!!

I'm headed to the feed store... some of my chicks are in
celebrate.gif
I think the Silkies and EE's are here
wee.gif
(and of course whatever else I fall in love with!!)
Probably have to go back Friday for the Braranters that's just more temptations...

will post pics if they are indeed here!!
wee.gif
YAY!!!!!!! So excited for you!!!!!!!!

[Ate name="RoostersCrow,HensDeliver!" url="/t/738837/meyer-hatchery-chicken-pics-anyone/4900#post_13337964"]
Why not a buff Orp? That's what she looks like to me.

I thought that at first too since a buff o was already a part of my order I figured they sent two of them but now I'm noticing the two are looking a little different. I think this is the buff orp:

Buff orp?

The chick in question has smaller wings and is looking lighter in color.[/QUOTE]
Are the wings coming in white? If so, could be a leghorn?

Why not a buff Orp? That's what she looks like to me.

Oh yeah,,,that chicken math will surely get you! ;)

Bet that us way too tempting! I think I have found a few local sources near us. The first place is a farm around 20 to 30 minutes away. The city is hosting a farm tour event in a few weeks, so I looked at all their farms on the list and then looked to see if they have chickens. The name of the 1st place we'll visit is Allee'Bubba farms. They have produce, meat and eggs too. So hopefully it will be a nice place to visit. I am hoping they have hatching eggs too, they do sell chicks.

Everyone's suggestion have been great. Just call them back in with a "here, chick, chick and a shake of a container of scratch and BOSS and you're good to go. Mine will be going out again to free range by the weekend since the city is finishing up our yard this week!!! So excited for us and the chickens!!!

:weee YAY!!!!!!! So excited for you!!!!!!!!

Are the wings coming in white? If so, could be a leghorn? 

Mmmm...not sure if they're coming in white. The wings are smaller in general so that leads me to believe that it's another breed. Maybe another type of buff breed?

and out this decorative ram head fountain that's hanging on the run wall ...

It's pretty cool. I just flip a switch and the water turns on/off. There's some kind of pump in the trashcan as well.
My DH set it up and I don't know exactly how it works but all I know is it's awesome!!
Very cool ramshead, where did you find that?!

I picked up my babies from Meyer yesterday!

I got 2 welsummers and a speckled Sussex, I think the bottom picture is the Sussex and the top is a welsummer, they look so similar...
I think you're right about this one being the SS. I got one from Meyer last week and mine looks just like that (except she's started growing wing feathers already)

Here are my week old babies from Meyer. My wife used the food tray to keep their attention and took beautiful portraits of each one. You can see they all have nice wing feathers starting. It's so funny when they stretch out their wings and you can see this beautiful miniature wing all fanned out.

B'Ellana the Barred Rock. She is the quickest growing out of the four, and already has some tail feathers coming in. You can see the little tufts of down getting pushed out.

Lucy the Golden Buff, who is so far the slowest growing and most laid back, sweetest personality.

Ahsoka the Golden Laced Wyandotte, who loves to scratch at the food and stand on the food tray all the time.

Freckles the Speckled Sussex (after the nickname given to Kate by Sawyer on the TV show Lost)

You can tell from the names that we are very nerdy sci-fi fans.

Back
Top Bottom