Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

I agree. I already plan to remove all the netting. I don't see the point of it. Next to the roosts is empty but that wall has the window on it.

have you tryed useing sand under the roosts their is a really good material used for horses i forget what it is called but it's in one of the poop broad threds it makes it so the chicken poo can be removed with a scoop like cat poo with cat litter.

I just had a heart to heart with a very rude person from Meyers...[post snipped for space sake]
I'm very sorry you have had this experience. It is quite opposite of the experience I'm having, except I'm not hatching - I'm only buying chicks. I'm also very sorry you have had such bad luck with your eggs. I hope that you find the chicks/eggs that you want & have great success.

I just had a heart to heart with a very rude person from Meyers. And i found out the hard way that they discriminate ageist new hatchers. True i had never hatched out anything before in an incubator but i have several times under hens through the hens did most of the work. So they are firm on not giving me a refund of any kind because i am new to incubator hatching. How did they even know this to begin with you ask? They used this site to spy on me yes they used backyard chickens and the HAL thread as an excuse not to give me a refund.

But you know what that's OK because not only am i never going to order anything from them ever again. But I'm going to tell every one that doesn't turn a deaf ear to me not to order from them either because if that's how they treat paying customers i don't want anyone Else to have to go thought this shear amount of BS they have finished putting me through.

And for the record to the people from Meyers that thing it's OK to use my confidence in more experienced hatchers ageist me. I  have read EVERY hatching thread, post and book i could get my hands on and i went through the hatching process just like i was suppose to. So if my hatching process was wrong you need to take it up with sally sunshine because i followed her instruction's to the letter and YOUR eggs didn't hatch.

And further more i hope you Meyer people are paying attention I'm about to spend over $100 in birds from people who sell and have nothing to do with your site i was going to order from you but i see you all are full of it i can and will get my birds Else where.

And to other people reading this sorry for wasting thread space but that whole argument that i had with one of their supervisor's really rubbed me the wrong way.

I have to admit, I did not think many people offered a refund on eggs. Sorry this is leaving such a bad taste in your mouth. I have had such success with their birds.

I agree. I already plan to remove all the netting. I don't see the point of it. Next to the roosts is empty but that wall has the window on it. 

have you tryed useing sand under the roosts their is a really good material used for horses i forget what it is called but it's in one of the poop broad threds it makes it so the chicken poo can be removed with a scoop like cat poo with cat litter.

I love sand. Biggest litter box in town! But so easy to clean.

Last edited:
The plywood wall is the back side. We would have to walk a long way around the loafing shed to get to that side of the coop.

I currently do the deep litter method and plan to continue that. I don't want to mess with cleaning the coop that often.

I don't know of anyone that offers any kind of guarantee or refund on shipped eggs. Every ad I've ever seen explicitly says there is no guarantee because they have no control over the shippers or your incubation method (even following something exactly doesn't mean you'll get a good hatch rate - trust me, I know). Shipped eggs are a toss up if they'll hatch or not. And even if you get some to hatch it usually is a very small percentage. My only time trying shipped eggs was from someone here on BYC and none of them hatched. The majority started developing so it wasn't fertility and she packaged them very nicely. I would never blame her for them not hatching. Maybe you are being too hard on Meyer? Be warned, if you do hatching eggs shipped from BYCers they won't offer any kind of guarantee or refund either.

I've been thinking...since my three babies are seeming to be all boys, maybe I'll just keep one. Anybody tried anything to keep the crowing down? I've read of the rooster collar, but feel skeptical. Opinions? Advice?

The plywood wall is the back side. We would have to walk a long way around the loafing shed to get to that side of the coop. 

Is there a wall between the area in the picture and the area where the heat lamp is? I think I would make it one giant coop and put the nest boxes on the front wall on that side. You'd lose the isolation space, but it'd be a giant coop. Good for bad weather too. Just an idea.

Sweet PDZ is the material they use for horses. Good at keeping odor down and easy to scoop out.

Back
Top Bottom