Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

It is harder on the chicks traveling in the colder months, plus add in post office trouble on top of that. Guess those chick's of yours didn't have a chance, poor things. I hope that your PO does better next time.
Me too! But it was also my fault for ordering then. They we're my first batch and I was impulsive and didn't think about it.
They're very hardy girls now though! And I definitely learned my lesson...

Me too! But it was also my fault for ordering then. They we're my first batch and I was impulsive and didn't think about it.
They're very hardy girls now though! And I definitely learned my lesson...
I know from the same experience. I lost 2 in shipping in my first order which was shipped in February, I also lost one a day or two later. So lesson learned here as well. I imagine if the post office was not as quick to get them to me, I would have lost a lot more. Many looked weak upon arrival too. The last two shipments were in the warmer months and the chicks looked and did so much better.

We are finally home!!!

I've blogged about the trip & posted pics about my girls. Of course I'm going to post them here too :)

Here are the direct links to my blog postings in anyone wants to read them:
The trip - http://www.secreturbanchicks.com/2014/07/the-day-is-here.html

Intro of the girls - http://www.secreturbanchicks.com/2014/07/meet-ladies.html

And here are the pics!!

BC Maran - Collette

BLRW - Pippa

Blue Orp - Flora

Buff Orp - Doc McCluckins

G Laced Wyandotte - Poppy

G. Laced Polish - Belle

S. Laced Polish - Esmerelda

Belle fell asleep in my hands as I was looking at her closer - she has a stubby toe. No biggie, but glad to find it now, rather than worry it was an injury.

And since I never shared their 2 week picks - here are my NON-MEYER Crested Cream Legbars

Gidget - 2 weeks old

Gizmo - 2 weeks old

Nice variety. Very good selection. Awesome for you!
Thanks! I'm very happy with them. There are a few that I wish I had...I think everyone has that. Tolbunt Polish Frizzle...Lavender Orp...a few others, but this is a good start! Other than the stubby toe, everyone looks good. I had 2 with the starts of pasty butt, but after travelling all day, that's understandable. Everyone picked right up on the nipple waterer & got some electrolyte gel and a bite or 2 of food before settling in to rest.

At one point, all the littles were lined up along the screen checking out the 2 big silkies! It was adorable!

Hahaha... listen, I am 2 months in... they have the right size coop and we don't have eggs yet... I cannot get anymore... especially without shellin out more bucks for bigger and more... this first egg will be the most expensive egg in history... hahahaha... check with me again in 3 months... right now, I am living vicariously through y'all...and enjoying every minute :)
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom