Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

thanks and did you see my previous post asking you if you had gotten roo's from Meyer and what their policy was, if you know. If not, I can research on their website.
I believe they give you the price difference between the female and male as males cost less. For some breeds that could be less than a dollar, for a other a few bucks and for the really expensive rare breeds $10 or more. They do not take them back. If they really mess up and have over the 10% rate they may offer to send you and order of replacement chicks. Don't quote me on that. We had one out of 6 that we suspected of being a roo but we gave it away before we had proof because regardless of gender it was aggressive to its sisters.

I believe they give you the price difference between the female and male as males cost less.  For some breeds that could be less than a dollar, for a other a few bucks and for the really expensive rare breeds $10 or more.  They do not take them back.  If they really mess up and have over the 10% rate they may offer to send you and order of replacement chicks.  Don't quote me on that.  We had one out of 6 that we suspected of being a roo but we gave it away before we had proof because regardless of gender it was aggressive to its sisters.
thanks, probably not worth the time for two roo's that are listed as $1.20!

Had one of my girls lay their first egg today! I think it was one of the golden buffs. They are 18 weeks old today! :weee even though I already have hens it's still awesome to find that first egg!

So Meyer has everything I want two weeks early....I'll be able to trade the white leghorn for the exchequer but will have to trade BCM for cuckoo. What do you guys think? This will also let me add the blue ameraucanas so I'll be getting a refund from the seller I've been talking to for the past few weeks.

Sounds like a great plan! You will only need to keep this one group separate from your first, instead of needing 3 separate areas to quarantine the blues from that other seller. The only downside is a longer wait for blue eggs; but, it will be so worth it!!

I believe they give you the price difference between the female and male as males cost less.  For some breeds that could be less than a dollar, for a other a few bucks and for the really expensive rare breeds $10 or more.  They do not take them back.  If they really mess up and have over the 10% rate they may offer to send you and order of replacement chicks.  Don't quote me on that.  We had one out of 6 that we suspected of being a roo but we gave it away before we had proof because regardless of gender it was aggressive to its sisters.
thanks, probably not worth the time for two roo's that are listed as $1.20!

I think they should give you a credit for the whole chick, not just the difference, especially since so many Roos have to be rehomed. You lose the bird and the potential for eggs. I would still take the credit no matter how small it may seem. You can use the credit on a future order. All you have to do is call Meyer or email them. That's what I did to report a loss within the first 48 hours. Pretty painless process.

Pics of our girls today at just over 15 weeks:

Morgaine the Black Copper Marans

Clara the Easter Egger looking regal

And a second shot of our hawkgirl

Amelia the Golden Buff

Victoria the Silver Grey Dorking

And Baby the Buff Orpington, snuggling

Awesome!! It's great that it never gets old!
I can't wait until I can start collecting eggs,I feel like an anxious mama bird!
Pics of our girls today at just over 15 weeks: Morgaine the Black Copper Marans Clara the Easter Egger looking regal And a second shot of our hawkgirl Amelia the Golden Buff [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Victoria the Silver Grey Dorking And Baby the Buff Orpington, snuggling
Such beautiful girls, I find the Copper Maran are beautiful bird! Thanks for sharing, have yours started laying yet? Mine are about 14 1/2 week sold, hatch date was (if my memory is correct) 04/15 give or take a day,lol.

I can't wait until I can start collecting eggs,I feel like an anxious mama bird!
Such beautiful girls, I find the Copper Maran are beautiful bird! Thanks for sharing, have yours started laying yet? Mine are about 14 1/2 week sold, hatch date was (if my memory is correct) 04/15 give or take a day,lol.
Thank you! Morgaine has no copper on her head or neck but I think her green sheen is lovely and while I haven't been able to capture it on camera when she stands tall she curves her neck and her body creates this nice S-shape.

They have not started laying and none of them look quite ready, though I know Amelia could be any week now based on her breed and our Marans is getting quite red in the face. Our hatch date was 04/07 :)

Back
Top Bottom