Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Ha! Husband just texted "Can you put together a collection of Light and Buff Brahma pics? I need to compare them." Why yes, yes I can put together one of my ridiculous collages for you! I already have lots of pics in a Brahma folder on my computer ;)

Personally I like the light brahmas better because of the contrast. They do not seem at all like a white chicken because there is so much lacing. I do like the buff too. My buff is more timid than my light. But that could just be an individual thing.
We've placed our order for March 9th! One Welsummer, White Rock and Light Brahma! Oh oh oh! And it's your pics of Olive that settled it, he liked all the black splashes throughout, good thing I didn't call it lacing, he doesn't like strong lacing, lol. He thought she looked a little blue tinted especially next to Kiwi. You had an older Light Brahma with Apricot, yes? What was her name?

I think she will look nice with the solid white, solid black, silver grey and our EE's black neck plus Amelia's white lacing, whereas a Buff Brahma would have been too close to our Buff Orp. I'm happy. Thinking of Cornelia for my Welsummer's name. Nickname Cora or Nell, Nellie the Wellie... well maybe not. I love everyone's Welsummer names on here but am going to wait to do food and spice names for larger flocks, I do love Mabel though. My great-grandfather's sisters' names were Mable and Maude. Other options are Amabel, Fenna, Fulla, Gerda, Greta, Hazel and Penelope. But I'm getting ahead of myself, the long wait for March begins.

We've placed our order for March 9th!  One Welsummer, White Rock and Light Brahma!  Oh oh oh!  And it's your pics of Olive that settled it, he liked all the black splashes throughout, good thing I didn't call it lacing, he doesn't like strong lacing, lol.  He thought she looked a little blue tinted especially next to Kiwi.  You had an older Light Brahma with Apricot, yes?  What was her name?  

I think she will look nice with the solid white, solid black, silver grey and our EE's black neck plus Amelia's white lacing, whereas a Buff Brahma would have been too close to our Buff Orp.  I'm happy.  Thinking of Cornelia for my Welsummer's name.  Nickname Cora or Nell, Nellie the Wellie... well maybe not.  I love everyone's Welsummer names on here but am going to wait to do food and spice names for larger flocks, I do love Mabel though.  My great-grandfather's sisters' names were Mable and Maude.  Other options are Amabel, Fenna, Fulla, Gerda, Greta, Hazel and Penelope.  But I'm getting ahead of myself, the long wait for March begins.

Yay! I think you will love the brahma. They are gorgeous and really sweet! She is very white compared to my Dellie who is slightly yellowish and always dirty! My first light was also named Olive. It was kinda funny because after she passed I told my hubby that I "had to get another Olive". He took it as another chicken named Olive and I really meant another light brahma. They look so similar and have the same demeanor. I don't know if I'd be able to tell them apart if I had them at the same time. We called her Olive number two when making a distinction between the two. We're so weird! Either way, it was the gateway to my six newbies.

Since I'm getting a small incubator for the Holidays, I'm already trying to figure out what kind of eggs I want to hatch :)

I know I want Tolbunt Polish, especially with some frizzles in there. I have a friend who wants some feather leg varieties, so I'm thinking light brahma as well.

BUT, the big news from my existing flock is that - I now have 5 squatters!

Gizmo & Gidget have been squatting for about a week - non-Meyer's CCL

Today saw others join the squatting legions:
Doc McCluckins - BO
Collette - BCM
Esmeralda - SLP

STILL NO EGGS though & I'm searching around the run for signs of a hidden clutch! There is evidence that they are checking out their nest boxes though... Maybe they are waiting for turkey day?>>

Since I'm getting a small incubator for the Holidays, I'm already trying to figure out what kind of eggs I want to hatch :)

I know I want Tolbunt Polish, especially with some frizzles in there. I have a friend who wants some feather leg varieties, so I'm thinking light brahma as well. 

BUT, the big news from my existing flock is that - I now have 5 squatters! 

Gizmo & Gidget have been squatting for about a week - non-Meyer's CCL

Today saw others join the squatting legions:
Doc McCluckins - BO
Collette - BCM
Esmeralda - SLP

STILL NO EGGS though & I'm searching around the run for signs of a hidden clutch! There is evidence that they are checking out their nest boxes though... Maybe they are waiting for turkey day?>>

How exciting! It won't be long now!!

Some of our girls were squatting for weeks before but they had no interest in the nest boxes until the day before. Hope your wait isn't much longer!
ME TOO!!!! I don't really know who is hanging out in the nest boxes...hoping to score a baby monitor on black friday/cyber monday deal so I can check out the action in the coop

I hope so! I've heard of people getting eggs mere days after squatting begins...but CCL started squatting a week ago! I NEED EGGS!!!

I can't wait to see your CCL eggs too!! We've had one day with 5 eggs since the molting started. Other days just 2 or 3. Needless to say, we're not giving away or selling any lately.

Back
Top Bottom