Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Wow, never seen this thread be inactive, usually I can't keep up with this thread. I know this is not chicken related, but I know you all are animal lovers. Took some cute pics of our dogs and wanted to share...

This is one of our bully breed girls, Indi. She is out 2 and is a pit/boxer/bulldog mutt she is about 60 pounds. She is a tank and she loves carrying around our belongings she never shreds them she just carries around.

The Sheppard boys, Draco is the red one and Diego is the buff colored. Draco is 1 year and is unknown mix, but Sheppard for sure. Deigo is 9 and is an Anatolion mix. Draco is 75lbs and Diego is 85 lbs.

So cute! Our puppies are fully weaned now and love it when I let them have full run of the kitchen. They tear around like crazy. So fun to watch them be clumsy and try to attack each other. Just a few more weeks with them. I won't be too sorry to see them go. As cute as they are they are a lot of work now! lol

Both of our chicken doors closed the other night, opened the next morning, and opened this morning. One didn't close last night though. Every time I test it, it works fine. I need to sit out there and run it up and down until it fails so I can see what's happening. Love not having to go out immediately in the morning (I still go check on everything at some point), or go out in the cold and dark to shut them up!

Wow, never seen this thread be inactive, usually I can't keep up with this thread. I know this is not chicken related, but I know you all are animal lovers. Took some cute pics of our dogs and wanted to share...

This is one of our bully breed girls, Indi. She is out 2 and is a pit/boxer/bulldog mutt she is about 60 pounds. She is a tank and she loves carrying around our belongings she never shreds them she just carries around.

The Sheppard boys, Draco is the red one and Diego is the buff colored. Draco is 1 year and is unknown mix, but Sheppard for sure. Deigo is 9 and is an Anatolion mix. Draco is 75lbs and Diego is 85 lbs.
So cute!! Just busy here trying to shop, decorate etc for Christmas. This time of year just gets crazy. AND I'm trying to wait patiently for my 18 week olds to possibly start laying. 2 EE's are now molting terribly. I feel so bad for them when I look at them because they must be very uncomfortable an confused about what's going on.
Went to the feed store and bought 100lbs of chicken feed, a flock block and oyster shell and when I was asking about higher protein feed to give to my molting girls they gave me a bag of the Manna Pro Omega Egg Maker... 5 lb bag sells for $16.99!!! I kept asking if he meant 'free'?? Yup. So nice of them!! I'll give them a bit at night mixed with some regular feed and wet with warm water.

So cute! Our puppies are fully weaned now and love it when I let them have full run of the kitchen. They tear around like crazy. So fun to watch them be clumsy and try to attack each other. Just a few more weeks with them. I won't be too sorry to see them go. As cute as they are they are a lot of work now! lol

Both of our chicken doors closed the other night, opened the next morning, and opened this morning. One didn't close last night though. Every time I test it, it works fine. I need to sit out there and run it up and down until it fails so I can see what's happening. Love not having to go out immediately in the morning (I still go check on everything at some point), or go out in the cold and dark to shut them up!
We have to oil ours once in a while or it sticks sometimes. I love ours too!!

My SLP started laying today! I have a beautiful egg basket to share with you tonight!!!

SLP (white), CCL (blue green), and Meyer BCM (brown - not her darkest)

Last edited:
Same here. It's always busy this time of year with family, holidays and cleaning. Always cleaning!!
The pups look great and those are some heavy ones too.
Love the colorful eggs too!
We're still at 2 eggs a day here from 21 hens. No one looks too bad now with their molt but their still needing some feathers.
Our plan is to pick up some more high protein feed for the girls this week.
I'm tired of looking at an empty egg skelter. So sad.

Nice eggs! My 10yr old daughter made me keep a golden laced polish, fell in love with it. I hope it lays good. It was one of only three pullets, seven roos, from meyers 'leanns adopt me' mystery chicks. The other one we still have is our first and most consistent layer this winter, a EEgr bantam, nice green eggs. The other pullet was a dark cornish, but something ate her:( .

Of the others we ordered only one of two brown leghorns is laying a few a week, one big EEgr is laying a few slightly longer and lighter almost lime green eggs a week. Waiting to see the if the wellsummer lays a dark egg.

Last edited:
Nice eggs! My 10yr old daughter made me keep a golden laced polish, fell in love with it. I hope it lays good. It was one of only three pullets, seven roos, from meyers 'leanns adopt me' mystery chicks. The other one we still have is our first and most consistent layer this winter, a EEgr bantam, nice green eggs. The other pullet was a dark cornish, but something ate her:( .

Of the others we ordered only one of two brown leghorns is laying a few a week, one big EEgr is laying a few slightly longer and lighter almost lime green eggs a week. Waiting to see the if the wellsummer lays a dark egg.

I have a Polish/silkie cross hen, so my expectations on production from her were minimal to say the least. But to my surprise she's a little egg machine, sometimes out laying my leghorns, even with the short days.

I have a Polish/silkie cross hen, so my expectations on production from her were minimal to say the least. But to my surprise she's a little egg machine, sometimes out laying my leghorns, even with the short days.

They say crosses sometimes improves vigor, I bet you didn't expect it
smile.png
, and out of two breeds known for poor laying! I have read that polish originally were good layers, breeding them for show and nicer poofy heads they bred the egg laying out of them.
I was supposed to have three wellies to breed with the roo, but one was also eaten, and another split her pelvis getting over the run, only one left. I didn't plan on hatching the brown leghorn eggs, but it might be interesting cross, maybe I'll try a few.

So cute!! Just busy here trying to shop, decorate etc for Christmas. This time of year just gets crazy. AND I'm trying to wait patiently for my 18 week olds to possibly start laying. 2 EE's are now molting terribly. I feel so bad for them when I look at them because they must be very uncomfortable an confused about what's going on.
Went to the feed store and bought 100lbs of chicken feed, a flock block and oyster shell and when I was asking about higher protein feed to give to my molting girls they gave me a bag of the Manna Pro Omega Egg Maker... 5 lb bag sells for $16.99!!! I kept asking if he meant 'free'?? Yup. So nice of them!! I'll give them a bit at night mixed with some regular feed and wet with warm water.

We have to oil ours once in a while or it sticks sometimes. I love ours too!!

Wow that was nice of them! I have upped our girls' protein but still only one layer out of 40+ hens. Going to go buy some high protein food soon just to see if that changes anything.

I figured out our door problem. Our bottom limit switch gets stuck in so when it switches to close it thinks it's already closed. I had brought it in with the intention of changing it, but got distracted and it was working in the house (of course) so I forgot about it. I'll be bringing it in tomorrow and throwing a new limit switch on it. Hopefully that will solve the problem. Good news, my other door is working great. And DH has made progress on his prototype for a door we can sell. We're thinking we can charge $75-100 instead of the $200 for a commercial one. It won't be as pretty but won't be bad and it will be functional! I've learned a lot from the 2 I made for us so I think I can make a pretty good one now.

They say crosses sometimes improves vigor, I bet you didn't expect it
smile.png
, and out of two breeds known for poor laying! I have read that polish originally were good layers, breeding them for show and nicer poofy heads they bred the egg laying out of them.
I was supposed to have three wellies to breed with the roo, but one was also eaten, and another split her pelvis getting over the run, only one left. I didn't plan on hatching the brown leghorn eggs, but it might be interesting cross, maybe I'll try a few.
Our polish lays pretty good when she's laying. I bet that would be an interesting cross!

Back
Top Bottom