Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to my Meyer family :D
1f384.png

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! AND a very happy healthy New Year!!

Here's a pic of my Christmas loot...
A mug from one son, the tall chicken you put a candle inside and it glows and I got a rooster tree ornament from the other DS (not in photo)
Anyone else get anything 'chicken'
OH, and my DH made me business cards too... absolutely adorable. I will post a pic later of them!!

Olive egg on the right compared to a mini Ex Leghorn egg and an extra large EE egg

Same as above and a couple GB eggs too.

The OE is from Meyer in case anyone is wondering.

I got the mega! It's beautiful. I wish it wasn't dark or raining right now, or I'd be setting it up. I got the heater accessory kit and the remote additive system. I ordered the heater separately because they were out of stock. I'm so excited to not have to worry about watering them.
Did you get your mega fountain hooked up yet. I need to clean mine up and take a picture of it. It got a little dirty being in the chicken run, but it is working great. I feel so spoiled! It was a great investment. Now I need to figure out a good setup with the brooder bottle caps for when we have chicks in the spring.

FIRST ... Congrats on one of each!!!! How exciting. You are going to have a busy spring/summer!! No, we never had reveal parties either. Or a Push present!!! Girls today are spoiled LOL. Actually, I'm just jealous. Haha. Did they reveal the sex in a fun way?
We are so excited to have one of each, of course! I am jealous too, I keep telling my husband that he never spoiled me like my son's spoil their wives! What's a push present? That's a new one for me too. I am starting to feel older now with all these new ideas.
hmm.png
I just had a baby shower for each and went through each pregnancy with the normal nausea and swelling. I enjoyed being pregnant each time.

At the gender reveal party, my son and daughter-in-law had a big box that was labeled "Is it a Stud Muffin or a Cupcake?" After we all guessed, she opened the box to muffins inside. She also had clues around the house too, so we'd keep guessing until we saw inside the box. It was real cute. Our other son told us the day that they found out, it was frustrating having to wait for this one, but we now know, so all is good. Plus, I guessed right this time, I was thinking boy.
wink.png

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! AND a very happy healthy New Year!!

Here's a pic of my Christmas loot...
A mug from one son, the tall chicken you put a candle inside and it glows and I got a rooster tree ornament from the other DS (not in photo)
Anyone else get anything 'chicken'
OH, and my DH made me business cards too... absolutely adorable. I will post a pic later of them!!

Olive egg on the right compared to a mini Ex Leghorn egg and an extra large EE egg

Same as above and a couple GB eggs too.

The OE is from Meyer in case anyone is wondering.
Great gifts! I love the eggs, so many varieties. So glad your olive egger laid the right color too! Your EE egg is such a pretty color. We got 5 eggs yesterday, so they're getting better,

Second egg from sarsaparilla. Is it wrong that she's my new favorite?? Lol.

I see why she is your favorite, that is a beautiful dark color!

Edited to add: I didn't get any chicken gifts for Christmas this year. I did get the mega fountain a few months ago and the chicken dog collar and leash earlier too, so I have no complaints. I am looking for a chicken salt and pepper shaker set though.

Last edited:
The chicken fountain is technically a Christmas gift. And yes, it's set up. I really love it. There is a very small leak, but I should not have set it up while it was dark and raining. Lol. I was desperate! I haven't had time to address the leak, but I think it will be a simple fix. I kinda wish I would not have gotten the remote additive system, because I'm more likely to add ACV from inside and it would be easy enough to do without the system. Oh well...if anyone wants one...

Merry Christmas Everyone! !!

@LynnEBC
Congrats on the grandbabies! How exciting!!
I've never done a gender reveal party either but have had many friends do so.
We are trying to conceive our 5th and final but boy it's been a challenge! We were always lucky before that each child (16,13,7,2) was one try and done lol but after my 2yo we tied my tubes, then decided we wanted another and went to California to untie!! Ya our families all think we're nuts lol
So having two tubal surgeries and being 37 seem to be slowing the process down lol
Thats actually why I got chickens in the first place. To keep me busy while TTC lol

My eldest and I tried clearing out lower yard of elephant grass so the girls would have more room to explore. I caught my two older ones across our private road by where a wild Roo is and I had to herd them back
1f616.png

Here they are exploring after we got some done

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! AND a very happy healthy New Year!! Here's a pic of my Christmas loot... A mug from one son, the tall chicken you put a candle inside and it glows and I got a rooster tree ornament from the other DS (not in photo) Anyone else get anything 'chicken' OH, and my DH made me business cards too... absolutely adorable. I will post a pic later of them!! Same as above and a couple GB eggs too. The OE is from Meyer in case anyone is wondering.
Love the Christmas loot! Also pretty eggs, love the OE. So how did the feast of seven fishes turn out? I know that is traditional Italian Christmas dinner, would love to experience one in my lifetime, yum! Hopefully I didn't confuse who was making this feast.
Second egg from sarsaparilla. Is it wrong that she's my new favorite?? Lol.
Pretty egg from your favorite, but I will never tell the others ;)
Did you get your mega fountain hooked up yet. I need to clean mine up and take a picture of it. It got a little dirty being in the chicken run, but it is working great. I feel so spoiled! It was a great investment. Now I need to figure out a good setup with the brooder bottle caps for when we have chicks in the spring. We are so excited to have one of each, of course! I am jealous too, I keep telling my husband that he never spoiled me like my son's spoil their wives! What's a push present? That's a new one for me too. I am starting to feel older now with all these new ideas. :/ I just had a baby shower for each and went through each pregnancy with the normal nausea and swelling. I enjoyed being pregnant each time. At the gender reveal party, my son and daughter-in-law had a big box that was labeled "Is it a Stud Muffin or a Cupcake?" After we all guessed, she opened the box to muffins inside. She also had clues around the house too, so we'd keep guessing until we saw inside the box. It was real cute. Our other son told us the day that they found out, it was frustrating having to wait for this one, but we now know, so all is good. Plus, I guessed right this time, I was thinking boy.;) Great gifts! I love the eggs, so many varieties. So glad your olive egger laid the right color too! Your EE egg is such a pretty color. We got 5 eggs yesterday, so they're getting better, I see why she is your favorite, that is a beautiful dark color! Edited to add: I didn't get any chicken gifts for Christmas this year. I did get the mega fountain a few months ago and the chicken dog collar and leash earlier too, so I have no complaints. I am looking for a chicken salt and pepper shaker set though.
Congrats on the grand babies, so is a push present given to the women during pushing? :rolleyes:
@LynnEBC Congrats on the grandbabies! How exciting!! I've never done a gender reveal party either but have had many friends do so. We are trying to conceive our 5th and final but boy it's been a challenge! We were always lucky before that each child (16,13,7,2) was one try and done lol but after my 2yo we tied my tubes, then decided we wanted another and went to California to untie!! Ya our families all think we're nuts lol So having two tubal surgeries and being 37 seem to be slowing the process down lol Thats actually why I got chickens in the first place. To keep me busy while TTC lol My eldest and I tried clearing out lower yard of elephant grass so the girls would have more room to explore. I caught my two older ones across our private road by where a wild Roo is and I had to herd them back
1f616.png
Here they are exploring after we got some done
oh gosh hopefully your girls stay put with that rooster on the loose! I didn't get any chicken gifts this year, which is fine. I have a few favorite little things we have found at thrift stores. One is an egg timer shaped like a chicken another is a cast iron trivet with a ceramic tile and the tile has a chicken painted on it.

Last edited:
A push present is basically a gift from daddy to mom after delivery. I told my other half I had 4 and never got a push present :( he said that I had Csections and Didnt push. I told him that I should have two presents each because of the hard recovery lol

Back
Top Bottom