Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Ill be receiving my 10 chicks the last week of April. Golden laced wyandottes, Easter eggers, and barnevelders along with the meal maker. So far I've been doing good at distracting myself from the "countdown" lol
Nice and welcome to the Meyer family! We love baby pics so we will all be chomping at the bit for new chicks in the spring, Sounds like there will be a lot of new babies from those that ordered and those that are hatching. Should be a really fun time around here. Got five Meyer Easter Eggers and love all of them, how could you not with them laying blue/green eggs. I might be a little biased in that one ;). Welcome.

Ah, yes, Easter Eggers! A former co-worker has a few. Even brought the rooster to work since he was giving it to a guy nearby. Gorgeous bird. I just love how they look. Mutton chops.

Finally! One of my Olive Eggers gave me an egg!

It's next to an Austra White egg and two Lavender Amerauucana pullet eggs.

:D
MB

Ill be receiving my 10 chicks the last week of April. Golden laced wyandottes, Easter eggers, and barnevelders along with the meal maker. So far I've been doing good at distracting myself from the "countdown" lol
Nice selection! Will these be your first chicks ever? Do you have a coop setup already?

big_smile.png

MB
Pretty color! All of you with these OE's are making me want one. I wonder if TSC will add some next year? Of course, I also want a Ameraucana and Austra White too! My "wants" are really getting way to big.
hmm.png

Nice selection! Will these be your first chicks ever? Do you have a coop setup already?

Pretty color! All of you with these OE's are making me want one. I wonder if TSC will add some next year? Of course, I also want a Ameraucana and Austra White too! My "wants" are really getting way to big.:/

Make sure you add Silver Grey Dorking to the list. I love mine!
Thanks!
MB

Thanks. I initially had wellsummers and salmon faverolles on the order too but decided I should start with a smaller flock lol. I don't have the coop up yet but it'll be started before they arrive. It'll either be finished before as well or within the first week. I actually put in for a vacation for the last week of April. My boss looked at me like I was crazy :D

Thanks!
MB

X2 on the Dorking and beautiful eggs! I just had some very nice indoor snuggle time with Victoria our SGD. I brought inside because I noticed she has been loosing feathers these past few days, I find half a dozen on the droppings board each night as well as in the run and yard. I was worrying that someone may be picking on her so I wanted to look her over, no injuries at all but when she was inside she lost over a dozen feathers, they just kept coming loose. She looks fine but if it keeps up she may get exposed skin and be cold. Tractor Supply doesn't carry feather fixer though I am considering ordering some or a higher protein grower feed. In the meantime I had a batch of molt meatloaf in the oven. I've always been hesitant to give the girls meat, other than insects even though I've been hearing so many people giving them their turkey carcasses. But I had some good quality local Amish raised ground beef in the freezer so I mixed about a quarter pound with oats, flaxseeds, b.o.s.s., chia seeds, splet, some scratch, their feed, and an egg with shell broken up in it. I'm hoping this will help, she also hasn't laid an egg in about a week and she is normally a really good layer. I hope she is not going through an early molt, she's only 8 months old, they shouldn't be molting until next fall, but I've read about others having this problem. Perhaps she is stressed out? Maybe by the cat? I guess that would be better than other health issues. She's eating and drinking fine, is active, eyes look good, droppings are normal. So we'll see. Maybe I will help Morgaine start laying again too. She stopped again after the two she laid from her first strike. Her comb is all healed up now. While I love the pink as green eggs we're getting, I want to see the light and dark ones too!

:D
MB

Beautiful Eggs! I would give you a thumbsup but apparently I am over my limit. :/

X2 on the Dorking and beautiful eggs! I just had some very nice indoor snuggle time with Victoria our SGD. I brought inside because I noticed she has been loosing feathers these past few days, I find half a dozen on the droppings board each night as well as in the run and yard. I was worrying that someone may be picking on her so I wanted to look her over, no injuries at all but when she was inside she lost over a dozen feathers, they just kept coming loose. She looks fine but if it keeps up she may get exposed skin and be cold. Tractor Supply doesn't carry feather fixer though I am considering ordering some or a higher protein grower feed. In the meantime I had a batch of molt meatloaf in the oven. I've always been hesitant to give the girls meat, other than insects even though I've been hearing so many people giving them their turkey carcasses. But I had some good quality local Amish raised ground beef in the freezer so I mixed about a quarter pound with oats, flaxseeds, b.o.s.s., chia seeds, splet, some scratch, their feed, and an egg with shell broken up in it. I'm hoping this will help, she also hasn't laid an egg in about a week and she is normally a really good layer. I hope she is not going through an early molt, she's only 8 months old, they shouldn't be molting until next fall, but I've read about others having this problem. Perhaps she is stressed out? Maybe by the cat? I guess that would be better than other health issues. She's eating and drinking fine, is active, eyes look good, droppings are normal. So we'll see. Maybe I will help Morgaine start laying again too. She stopped again after the two she laid from her first strike. Her comb is all healed up now. While I love the pink as green eggs we're getting, I want to see the light and dark ones too!

Nice mixture in your molt meatloaf, will need to try that sometime. Also on the molting at 8 months, we have some that have been going through a soft molt. For instance Little One an EE lost her muff only but now has pin feathers coming in. I have noticed a few of ours must be closer to being done with molting as they have a downy fluff under their wings now and their plumage is a lot more shiny. We are expecting bitterly cold weather over the next couple of days. We have about 6-8 inches on the ground now.

Pretty color! All of you with these OE's are making me want one. I wonder if TSC will add some next year? Of course, I also want a Ameraucana and Austra White too! My "wants" are really getting way to big.:/

I ended up with a OEgr in 'LeAnns adopt me bargain', mystery chicks.

Thanks!
MB
Oh no! Another one for the list?!!!
sad.png

They are beautiful birds too!

Seriously, I think we are going to try to add only breeds that are winter layers too, so that will help narrow it down. Seems like so far the only winter layers are brown egg layers.

Right now, I am hoping to add a Dominique and a Golden Buff or two. I am thinking 3 or 4 total chicks, my husband is now saying we should just get 10. Sometimes I wonder about him. Although, I do like that he is getting into this chicken obsession too.
wink.png

Thanks. I initially had wellsummers and salmon faverolles on the order too but decided I should start with a smaller flock lol. I don't have the coop up yet but it'll be started before they arrive. It'll either be finished before as well or within the first week. I actually put in for a vacation for the last week of April. My boss looked at me like I was crazy
big_smile.png
It sounds like you are like the rest of us, we're all a little crazy on here, so welcome, you fit right in!
cool.png

I hope that she is doing better. If she is molting be careful of the feathers because I have heard not to handle them too much since it hurts them when they get the new feathers or lose the old feathers, etc.

I ended up with a OEgr in 'LeAnns adopt me bargain', mystery chicks.
That was a good bargain!

Back
Top Bottom