Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Right now, I am hoping to add a Dominique and a Golden Buff or two. I am thinking 3 or 4 total chicks, my husband is now saying we should just get 10. Sometimes I wonder about him. Although, I do like that he is getting into this chicken obsession too.
wink.png
Your husband needs to talk to my husband, lol!

GRRR - I need to vent for a second. I ordered some hatching eggs (Tolbunt polish) for my new incubator from a reputable breeder. I understand that they might not be laying much now & that's ok. But I've emailed 2 times trying to get an estimate on when to expect shipping with no response. I've been very clear in my emails that it is OK if I have to wait until Spring for the eggs. I understand! But I don't want to sit around waiting for months when I could go ahead and hatch out some other things now.

By the same token - I don't want to order more eggs only to have them all arrive at the same time & not be able to hatch them all due to my small incubator size. Just respond to my email and give me some clue!!

GRRR - I need to vent for a second. I ordered some hatching eggs (Tolbunt polish) for my new incubator from a reputable breeder. I understand that they might not be laying much now & that's ok. But I've emailed 2 times trying to get an estimate on when to expect shipping with no response. I've been very clear in my emails that it is OK if I have to wait until Spring for the eggs. I understand! But I don't want to sit around waiting for months when I could go ahead and hatch out some other things now.

By the same token - I don't want to order more eggs only to have them all arrive at the same time & not be able to hatch them all due to my small incubator size. Just respond to my email and give me some clue!!

When was the last time they emailed you? They may be busy due to the holidays. I'd give it until afterward to be sure before changing plans.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable - just give me an approximate timeframe so i can plan hatches! I have people wanting me to hatch for them...

I meant they were being inconsiderate. I was going to say more but my phone/connection was being wonky. Sorry for any misunderstanding

I don't think I'm being unreasonable - just give me an approximate timeframe so i can plan hatches! I have people wanting me to hatch for them...

I meant they were being inconsiderate. I was going to say more but my phone/connection was being wonky. Sorry for any misunderstanding

Blue Ameraucana from Meyers. Just thought I would share for those wanting to know egg color. But it's a gamble I have another that lays much more like an easter egger green.

It's really hit and miss when ordering these things. I have had one person who was in contact with me daily until I received the eggs and weekly until they hatched. She was fabulous. I had one who I spent WAY more money with and would wait weeks for a response. I finally cancelled that order because my nerves couldn't take it.
Jon, I'm so glad to see you have eggs from those girls. How old are they now? Mine are just turning 20 weeks and I'm going crazy!!!

No! I wasn't saying anything about your post...just stating that I didn't think I was being unreasonable! No worries.

UPDATE: I did get an email today = should have my eggs by the middle of Jan, which I'm ok with. I will wait to hatch the other ones after those are done

Back
Top Bottom