Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Have no clue where that picture is coming from!

There's my picture! Lol I do have a premier 1 heat plate coming but won't be here until Thursday. I couldn't wait for my chicks that are coming Jan 26 so I ordered what they had yesterday. I'm obsessed.

Woohoo! It's been many weeks, but I have finally made my way through this entire thread (all 900 some odd pages)! I knew I was interested in Meyer's chicks, and kept trying to go further and further back in the thread to catch up on all the information in the posts. But it just wasn't cutting it for me, so I figured I might as well start at the beginning. I feel like I know some of y'all's 'chicken side' very well now :)

So any-who, I thought I'd introduce myself. I live in Central Florida, am married, work in the space industry, have 2 adorable shelties, and a 2 year-old little lady. Chickens have been a long time dream of mine, and since we moved about a year ago, my dream is about to come true!!

I have an order into Meyer's for a May 18th hatch date that I place in mid-December! I will be getting:
1 Blue Cochin
1 Blue Copper Marans
1 Easter Egger
1 Olive Egger
1 Lavender Orp
2 Buff Orps

And after making it all the way through this thread, I officially want all of the chickens. Seriously, one of each kind.
tongue.png

But I did notice that it doesn't seem like anyone here has any CL from Meyer's stock. I was thinking about adding one to my order, but do y'all know of anyone on BYC that has one from Meyer's? I'd like to see an example of their stock if in anyway possible.

Also, when I placed my order for chicks in Mid-December, I also requested a catalog. I was hoping I would have received that by now :( Do y'all know if they only send them out once a year, and I missed the boat? Or do they maybe just take longer?

Woohoo! It's been many weeks, but I have finally made my way through this entire thread (all 900 some odd pages)! I knew I was interested in Meyer's chicks, and kept trying to go further and further back in the thread to catch up on all the information in the posts. But it just wasn't cutting it for me, so I figured I might as well start at the beginning. I feel like I know some of y'all's 'chicken side' very well now :)

So any-who, I thought I'd introduce myself. I live in Central Florida, am married, work in the space industry, have 2 adorable shelties, and a 2 year-old little lady. Chickens have been a long time dream of mine, and since we moved about a year ago, my dream is about to come true!!

I have an order into Meyer's for a May 18th hatch date that I place in mid-December! I will be getting:
1 Blue Cochin
1 Blue Copper Marans
1 Easter Egger
1 Olive Egger
1 Lavender Orp
2 Buff Orps

And after making it all the way through this thread, I officially want all of the chickens. Seriously, one of each kind.
tongue.png

But I did notice that it doesn't seem like anyone here has any CL from Meyer's stock. I was thinking about adding one to my order, but do y'all know of anyone on BYC that has one from Meyer's? I'd like to see an example of their stock if in anyway possible.

Also, when I placed my order for chicks in Mid-December, I also requested a catalog. I was hoping I would have received that by now :( Do y'all know if they only send them out once a year, and I missed the boat? Or do they maybe just take longer?

Welcome! That's a great order. We have all of those except the olive egger, which we'll be breeding ourselves next year, and I love them all.
I haven't seen anyone get a CCL from Meyer yet. I think because they are so new to them (and expensive). I ordered a catalog from them once and it took a couple weeks. I'd give them an extra couple of weeks due to the holidays.

Ive thought about adding Legbars to my order (and simply adding to my order in general lol). They are a little pricy. Though wouldn't getting a breed when it's "new" be better since the stock hasn't been "overbred" yet?
Also I ordered my catalogue around mid-December and received it earlier this week.

Strange how it quoted you. I quoted to say the puppy is adorable. We have one puppy left at home from our litter. He's going to my parents so he's staying until they come back from vacation. It's fun and a lot of work having a puppy in the house.
@NotableNancy I absolutely love that puppy! She's so beautiful!
Thanks!!!

X2. I respect anyone with the patience to deal with puppies. I have always gotten older dogs because I just can't do it LOL. She is soooo cute!
Please remind me how hard it is when I'm ready to add another one.... I think I want to go the slightly older pup stage next time. House and crate training is hard on the nerves. My older son is still home from winter break and his girlfriend is here too so I am trying to keep the puppy from crying/barking/whining to much. Y'all know how late college kids sleep.

Have no clue where that picture is coming from!
Welcome to the Meyer family!!!! They are adorable. So glad they all made it and keep posting pics.... we love watching them grow up!
Where is Confluence? I'm about 20 min from Philly on the Main Line. Not far from King of Prussia area.

1 Blue Cochin
1 Blue Copper Marans
1 Easter Egger
1 Olive Egger
1 Lavender Orp
2 Buff Orps

tongue.png

I love that you read the entire thread... this is a long one!! Great selection of chicks and the wait will be so hard but it's so helpful to have time to read everything you can to get ready for them. Ask any questions you may have. Some of us are a bit newer to the chicken thing but many are a wealth of knowledge!!

My CCL's are from a breeder so I can't help you. Just keep in mind if you are ordering them for the blue eggs they may lay green instead. Like mine!!! And a few people's OE's lay brown rather than olive. My OE from Meyer does lay olive but I'm wondering if it will lighten up as the egg gets bigger. She lays almost ever day but they're still on the small side.

I have read and heard that Silkies go broody often, like 3-4 times a year. On the positive, I have read they are good at settin and hatching. Maybe you could get her some hatching eggs down the road, always a fun way to add to the flock.

Sorry my quotes got screwed up!

Last edited:
Confluence is about an hour and a half south of Pittsburgh. Real close to WV and MD lines. About 20minutes from Mount Davis(highest point in PA)
Ahhh.... my family was just out there to a Steelers game!!!

Quote: If I keep her... yes, I would give her eggs to see what happens. It would be nice to have a broody raise them. I would probably have to do a little coop reconfiguring though.
Plenty of time for that!!

Back
Top Bottom