Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Insurance estimate is $40K. Pretty far off! We're still waiting on one more estimate that we hope will be more in line with insurance.

I use the EcoGlow also. I love it. But if you go crazy like me and put in an order for 60+ chicks, it doesn't help much! lol
I was wondering what bandanas were too. lol
We love our bantams but I told my daughter I don't want more than we have. So what do I do, order 5 each of bantam splash cochin, D'Anver, and porcelain D'Uccle! We'll only keep one of each but geez! I don't like buying bantams because they are all straight run. But so are a bunch of other breeds I bought. Hopefully I can find buyers because that will be a lot of chickens to deal with.

That's funny. Your brain was seeing what it wanted to see. lol
That is very far off!

I love my EcoGlow, think the other brands are just as good too. With 60+ chicks, you'd need about 3 of the large Eco Glows. I would no longer be married if I order that many! We're limited anyway because of our yard size and where we live.Good luck finding those buyers, that is a whole lot of chickens to handle!

@trsturself: The straight run was the reason I decided not to. And the min orders. If I get some in the future then I'll probably get them from around here. I'd also want them to have their own little coop just in case there are issues with the standards. I have the room for one but I don't want to risk being overwhelmed since I'm a newbie.
I worry about getting the straight run too. We'll probably get a few from TSC since then at least I won't waste shipping on the males that we won't keep anyway. I also plan on keeping them with the bigger hens too. We don't want to have more then one coop, so whatever we get better get along with the others we already have.
wink.png

Forgot to mention. Meyers now believes Isis, my supposed to be blue ameraucana, is a jersey giant?? That's what the flock manager thought. They're refunding me the $20 I paid. I'm bummed, really wanted those blue eggs! She's a sweet girl though
She's gonna be a very large hen then. Our BA is the largest of all of ours now, not sure how big the Jerseys get. Sorry about the disappointed of not getting blue eggs. I really want a blue egg layer sometime too. Just can't pay those high prices right now for them.

My Rhode Island Red females from last June.
Whoa, that's a whole lot of chicks!!!!!!

I ordered 50 but sold some and lost some. I have about 8 left but they aren't laying yet. I hope they start soon !
How many coops do you have and how many chickens already? Sounds like you have a big operation!

Can't believe they are so big already. Seems like just last week you were waiting for them.

So funny how fast the time really does go. Your girls are big.

Sorry the quote didn't come through, but it sounds like chicken math to me!

Forgot to mention. Meyers now believes Isis, my supposed to be blue ameraucana, is a jersey giant?? That's what the flock manager thought. They're refunding me the $20 I paid. I'm bummed, really wanted those blue eggs! She's a sweet girl though

Oh darn on the blue egg thingy, but what a great opportunity and reason to add more to your flock.

I do not suffer from chicken math, but enjoy helping others with their addiction! I was always told sharing is caring :p

That is very far off!

I love my EcoGlow, think the other brands are just as good too. With 60+ chicks, you'd need about 3 of the large Eco Glows. I would no longer be married if I order that many! We're limited anyway because of our yard size and where we live.Good luck finding those buyers, that is a whole lot of chickens to handle!

I worry about getting the straight run too. We'll probably get a few from TSC since then at least I won't waste shipping on the males that we won't keep anyway. I also plan on keeping them with the bigger hens too. We don't want to have more then one coop, so whatever we get better get along with the others we already have.;)

She's gonna be a very large hen then. Our BA is the largest of all of ours now, not sure how big the Jerseys get. Sorry about the disappointed of not getting blue eggs. I really want a blue egg layer sometime too. Just can't pay those high prices right now for them.

Whoa, that's a whole lot of chicks!!!!!!

How many coops do you have and how many chickens already? Sounds like you have a big operation!

One coop but they free range all day. Maybe 90 hens and 7 confirmed roosters and 2 unconfirmed roosters. I hatch some I buy some and people give me some they no longer want.

So funny how fast the time really does go. Your girls are big.
Sorry the quote didn't come through, but it sounds like chicken math to me!
Oh darn on the blue egg thingy, but what a great opportunity and reason to add more to your flock.

I do not suffer from chicken math, but enjoy helping others with their addiction! I was always told sharing is caring :p

Haha I'd love more but i DON'T want to do chicks again lol only rarely can you find older pullets her :(

Ok strangest thing just happened. Picked up my biggest (maleficent, a black ameraucana ) and noticed her ears and comb and around eyes are getting nice and red. Well after petting her for a few min I realized they turned white ? That's odd? Why would that happen. She was calm and seemed to enjoy being pet.

Ok strangest thing just happened. Picked up my biggest (maleficent, a black ameraucana ) and noticed her ears and comb and around eyes are getting nice and red. Well after petting her for a few min I realized they turned white ? That's odd? Why would that happen. She was calm and seemed to enjoy being pet.

I just saw a video about that but don't know where. It said if your hens comb loses the red color then she may have heart problems. Bad circulation. Put her back on the ground right away and see the color. She could have been extremely scared.

I noticed this too. As the girls are reaching maturity, they are red-faced off and on. When they stay red consistently, usually several weeks later (which feels like months), they are getting ready to lay. At least, this has been my experience with each one of mine.

Back
Top Bottom