Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

My chicks arrived at 6:30am this morning. All 16 made it home safely and all are stinking adorable!!
celebrate.gif

That's good to know, Cuz! I once received three goslings via priority with no issues from transit, but I still worry. I am expecting them to arrive at my local post office on Wed @ 7am. My neighbor went in with me to get the priority rate. He got 2 rhode island reds, 2 buff orphingtons, and 2 easter eggers. I got 3 blue cochins, 2 salmon favorelles, 2 blue/black polish, 2 easter eggers, and one white sultan. I think it will be a super fun assortment!
Ooooh! That is a great selection! I would love to see some pictures of them esp as they get older and develop feathers, I have seriously considered getting some Salmon Favorelles. So I want to know what they look like when they get older. I am so glad they arrived safely! Always a huge relief!
jumpy.gif

Finally got some time to take a few pics of the chicks. Pretty impressed that as of day 6, all 16 are doing really well. I'm very pleased with the whole meyer experience. I love the cochins and it looks like I have 1 black, 1 light blue and 1 blue splash. I also think the sultan is too cute and wish I had gotten more than one. The salmon favorelles have distinct puffy cheeks, and are adorable but am surprised that both are mostly white with some black markings instead of more of a reddish color. Both polish have quite the fro already going. I got one light and one dark easter egger. Will be curious to see how they develop, but they do not seem to have as noticeable the puffy cheeks yet that the salmons or sultan have.

Whole gang:

Neighbor's buff orph on left, middle black cochin, right blue cochin

Blue splash cochin

Sleepy easter egger on left, salmon favorelle in middle, sultan on right

Sultain left and blue cochin right

polish

Last edited:
I have been waiting for 6 months to finally post a complete update on my April order!! My Black Copper Marans hen had laid her first eggs!! Not bad for hatchery.

My Blue Copper Marans rooster

My Auatralorps

I just realized I was going to wait for my first Salmon Favorelle egg but here she is.

Our Adopt Me's:
2 pairs of Dominiques. The nice thing about them is they are sexable by 2 weeks. In these pics the male is on the left, female on the right.

A pair of Jubilee Orpingtons

A Blue Cochin rooster

A White Cochin rooster

A Golden Buff hen and a Barred Rock rooster.
Sounds pretty random huh....
I love our order! I'm glad we did it.

Hi
frow.gif

The new girls are about 19 weeks old now patiently waiting for the first egg from this group. All from Meyer, thought i would post some pics.

Two of the three RIR's seem to be the closest according to comb and waddle size/ color. I have not observed any squatting yet with this group.
hmm.png

Someone or someones are really making a mess of the nest box continuously kicking out my wooden eggs.

-Dom

OOPS little doggie made it in one photo.

@Dom'sHEns (sorry, tagging is not working for me right now) Did you get the Cream Legbars?????? I want them so bad, but $30 a chick, is way outa' my league.

@Iain Utah, Thought I responded to your earlier pics, then realized I hadn't. They are soooo cute! How are they doing? Any fatalities?

@Amy king Hanson, I am in love with the Blue copper Maran rooster and I want a pair so bad it is not even funny. :rolleyes:

@Dom'sHEns (sorry, tagging is not working for me right now) Did you get the Cream Legbars?????? I want them so bad, but $30 a chick, is way outa' my league.

@Iain Utah, Thought I responded to your earlier pics, then realized I hadn't. They are soooo cute! How are they doing? Any fatalities?

@Amy king Hanson, I am in love with the Blue copper Maran rooster and I want a pair so bad it is not even funny.
roll.png

@CuzChickens , yes I splurged this year,...
th.gif
$$$$ . I got two of them in case one didn't make it. Two years in a row had gotten easter eggers that gave me tan eggs! This year I was determined!

The smaller one with the gold hackles had me worried for a wile, she was very stunted for a while, kept dosing her with vitamins and extra protien and she pulled through. I would have been livid! She is still very small compared to the rest and lowest in the pecking order and goes out of her way to stay as far away from me as possible. I must be known as the yucky vitamin man. The one with the cream hackles is all up in my business and complains up a storm when I go next to her with no treats in hand. They will be 20 weeks tomorrow, I'm going through the check for eggs every 5 minutes faze..I have never seen any of mine squatting before they have stated laying either.

I see in your sig. you have Silver and Gold Wyandottes, I wanted to try them so bad this year!!! They were all sold out when I ordered.
sad.png
How do you like yours?

-Dom

@Dom'sHens

They are beautiful hens with nice crests. I really want those, Blue Ameraucanas ($20/chick) and Blue Copper Marans ($20/chick).

I have a Partridge Plymouth rock that is the same way, she arrived TINY and stayed tiny, I did not think she would make it, I named her Midge for her size, but she pulled through.

I love my wyandottes. But they are not breeder quality AT ALL I received one with a single comb, kinda annoyed me. I will post some pics of them.

ALT=""]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7576526/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom