Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Success!!! 21 weeks today and I got my first egg from my Meyer chicks! One of my Black Copper Marans (BCM) was the first to lay. I noticed that she was in a nest last night at bed check and I observed her rolling some fake eggs underneath her at that time. Then, come today, there was an egg from her to add to the bunch! So excited.

Here is a picture I snapped. Her egg is in the middle. The brown egg on top belongs to one of my breeder quality BBS Barnevelders (BV) and the white egg below came from the grocery store since my other hens aren't laying enough for us at the moment.

IMG_0292.JPG

Here are the eggs again... white egg, tinted egg added, brown BV egg and BCM egg. I washed the last 2 so they are wet in the picture. Pics were taken without a flash on a white paper towel. What do you think?
IMG_0299.JPG

Back in December, I didn't realize my BCM started laying cuz she started laying in the dirt, behind a piece of wood. I found 5 or 6 of her eggs, but I couldn't eat them because it had rained. I'm pretty happy with the color of the BCM eggs especially because they are hatchery birds. I'm really happy that they are speckled. I found 6 of the eggs on the ground on 12/26/18 but I'm guessing she started laying some time the week before. I'm pretty sure they are all from the BCM. I also noticed her eggs are much more round than the other eggs and they seem to be getting a bit lighter, but I heard that is normal
IMG_20171227_181843437.jpg

I think only 3 or 4 hens were laying eggs last time I posted. Most of my chickens are laying now. I have 14 and 10 is the most I got in one day. I also got some new color eggs on New Year Day. Before that, I only had the Maran egg (top egg in pic) and a med caramelish brown color egg(bottom right egg). I got the two light eggs pictured and the tan one with speckles (bottom egg in pic).
IMG_20180101_121342514.jpg

I am still crossing my fingers that my EE and OE aren't laying yet because I only got color eggs from my Blue Am. My Ex Leghorn and Blue Am just started laying last week, so I still have hope my OE and EE aren't laying yet. My first blue egg was on 01/15/18 and the first white egg was on 01/17/18. I know who they are because my Ex Leghorn is my only white egg layer and I saw my Blue Am on the blue egg. My Ex Leghorn's eggs are super cute and tine, just like her :) My Blue Am's first egg was small, but her eggs are quickly getting bigger and a dark and more even blue color. I got three white eggs and 6 blue. My Blue Am laid 5 eggs in her first week, which was way more than I was expecting.
IMG_20180120_172628877.jpg

IMG_20180120_172905023.jpg

The real MVP is my Golden Buff. She consistently laid eggs since she started. The other two that started around the same time weren't as consistent. All of a sudden my chickens started laying a bunch of eggs. I went from getting 3 or 4 a day (beginning if Jan) to getting 8-10 a day (Mid Jan).

Last edited:
I think only 3 or 4 hens were laying eggs last time I posted. Most of my chickens are laying now. I have 14 and 10 is the most I got in one day. I also got some new color eggs on New Year Day. Before that, I only had the Maran egg (top egg in pic) and a med caramelish brown color egg(bottom right egg). I got the two light eggs pictured and the tan one with speckles (bottom egg in pic).View attachment 1244838
I am still crossing my fingers that my EE and OE aren't laying yet because I only got color eggs from my Blue Am. My Ex Leghorn and Blue Am just started laying last week, so I still have hope my OE and EE aren't laying yet. My first blue egg was on 01/15/18 and the first white egg was on 01/17/18. I know who they are because my Ex Leghorn is my only white egg layer and I saw my Blue Am on the blue egg. My Ex Leghorn's eggs are super cute and tine, just like her :) My Blue Am's first egg was small, but her eggs are quickly getting bigger and a dark and more even blue color. I got three white eggs and 6 blue. My Blue Am laid 5 eggs in her first week, which was way more than I was expecting. View attachment 1244837

View attachment 1244836

The real MVP is my Golden Buff. She consistently laid eggs since she started. The other two that started around the same time weren't as consistent. All of a sudden my chickens started laying a bunch of eggs. I went from getting 3 or 4 a day (beginning if Jan) to getting 8-10 a day (Mid Jan).
Pretty eggs!

Okay so I figured out that my EE is laying sky blue eggs. She laid her first one yesterday and it was pretty big, I kinda feel sorry for her. I can also tell the difference between my Bl Am egg and EE egg, so that is also good. My EE egg is a matte sky blue, and my Am egg is a more glossy deeper blue/green.

I also found out that my OE is not laying green/olive eggs. It is more like tan. I'm kinda disappointed because the OE was like 3 times more expensive than the EE. I wouldn't really care so much about it not being olive if it at least had speckles or was green or dark or something, but it is just a regular tan egg.

Back
Top Bottom