1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Meyer Hatchery Giving A Free Chick

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by catterbug, Dec 29, 2010.

1. catterbug

catterbug Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    Ohio
    On each order from Meyer Hatchery, they are giving you one free chick if you ask for the Meyer Meal Maker Program. This program will require you to give all the eggs from that one free chick to either a needy family or charity of your choice. It is estimated that you would donate about 182 eggs from that one free chick! That's about 15 dozen!!!! Personally I like the idea of Meyer giving back to the community and I am planning on being a part of it!

2. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    WTG Meyer's! As someone who donates 6 to 12 dozen eggs a week, I salute you Meyers! Well done!

Laurie

3. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    This is a wonderful idea!!! Awesome!!

4. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    what happens if it kicks the bucket before it lays. I donate eggs to a lady who fosters kids, she generally has at least 8 fosters in her house at a time, at least I know someone who can use them and appreciate them, gets them

the idea is great if it works

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    What if you wind up with a male chick? [​IMG]

6. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:Then you can donate a chicken dinner instead, I guess. [​IMG]

7. Huskeriowa

Huskeriowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2010
    Iowa
    My Coop
    Thanks for giving this information. I ordered last night and had no idea about the promotion going on. I called them today and they added the promotion to my order. Thanks again.

8. KDH

KDH Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
    Yep - you can chose to raise a layer and donate the eggs, or raise a meat bird and donate the whole kit n kabottle. Or however it's spelled. I think it is such a wonderful, neat thing to do!

9. donnavee

donnavee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Central NC
    I placed my Meyer order on Monday and ask for a little girl chick. I think it's a great idea and know a family in our neighborhood that can use the eggs.

10. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Just remember, there is no such thing as a free pony (goat, horse, dog, duck, chick...)

It's a nice thing to do, but unless they are providing the feed, it's most definitely not free!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by