Meyer Hatchery's Meal Maker Program

Meyers sent me an email for a shipping notice that stated the chicks were noted as Hold For Pickup and included my phone number. Previously (in 2009) Meyers did they same, and the post office called me bright and early to pick them up.

I agree!! let's keep in touch with each other so we can see what meal makers we each got! What fun! Your hatch*ship date is April 25th and mine is April 11th. If all goes well, (I pray it does) I will show you a pic of my meal maker. I already named her, charity.
smile.png
Maybe you can help me find out what breed she is.?She won't be a barred Rock because that's what I have coming. hummm, so excited!!
smile.png
Sounds great!!! I am so excited for my chickies, I will also post pictures when they arrive so we can see what I get as well.

My chicks arrived early this morning! Had all 27 make it here. Was given a Freebie along with the meal maker- which turned out to be a Buff Orp. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]
So adorable! I'm glad to hear they're all well!

WOW!Congratulations!! I hope my meal maker is a B.O!! LUCKY LUCKY!! I still have to wait till April 11/ hatch/ ship. Awwwww I pray mine turns out as good as yours!! :)

That doesn't make much sense. At the very least you would think they wouldn't want to hear the chirping and call you to get rid of them. The shipper usually puts hold and call instructions on the box. I hope they call you. Keep me posted!

My chicks arrived yesterday, one day early. They did end up sending them out in the truck but it sounds like my mailman intervened to make that happen, he had got the impression that's what I wanted from our conversation. They did tell me where to track him down and I found his truck, parked and peeping at the curb. :) The hatchery had put a label but it wasn't very obvious at all. I may call them about that. In the end, only one of 42 doa - I'm so glad it worked out.

I just figured out what the meal maker program is, it sounds like a great idea. I was wondering, though, if official organizations like the food bank accept eggs and meat from non-store sources? I'd think they might have concerns and health board rules about food safety and accountability?

I havent looked into it yet, but I would assume giving away the eggs to a needy neighbor, friend, or family member would work just fine, it seems it's not hard nowadays to locate someone who could use a helping hand (or a dozen eggs )

Your chicks are cute!!!!

Back
Top Bottom