MGG's Hatching Thread!

Pics
I set the eggs this morning.
Except for...I'm concerned about this.
20210417_202459.jpg

@CluckNDoodle , what do you think I should do? It's not rotten, just "leaking". Can I try to patch it? I want to give it a chance, if there is any.

View attachment 2622337
@CluckNDoodle , what do you think I should do? It's not rotten, just "leaking". Can I try to patch it? I want to give it a chance, if there is any.

Leaking this early in the game is never a good sign. It means that it's cracked through the membrane as well but there's no reason you can't try to save it! Nail polish, wax, or liquid bandage are all options for this sort of thing.

Leaking this early in the game is never a good sign. It means that it's cracked through the membrane as well but there's no reason you can't try to save it! Nail polish, wax, or liquid bandage are all options for this sort of thing.
Yeah, that's what I figured. It's my only Olive egg so I want to try. I'll get the drips cleaned up out of the incubator, and patch it with some natural nail polish. Do you think I should clean the egg with rubbing alcohol or anything? It got itself a bit messy.

View attachment 2622337

What does it look like when you candle it? It's not stinky right? I just want to make sure the oozing if from a crack and not because it's going to explode. lol

Back
Top Bottom