MGG's Hatching Thread!

Pics
Yeah. I just threw her back in the run, hopefully she calms down. Otherwise, to broody jail with her. 🤣
I was nervous that this might happen. Luckily, (or not luckily, however you want to view it, lol) I have two other broodies to try.
I put Ash (one of the new broodies) in the broody coop with rocks under her. She's sold on the rocks. She's not very bright. 😅
She's been broody for about a week, @CluckNDoodle do you think I could try to put these chicks under her soon? She's always been a really docile thing so I think she'd be nice, but Idk.

I usually have the best luck when putting chicks under the broody hens wings after dark. It's not like they don't know I'm doing it but at night they just seem more chill about it. Also the younger the chicks, the better. The older they get the less likely they will be to bond with the hen.

I usually have the best luck when putting chicks under the broody hens wings after dark. It's not like they don't know I'm doing it but at night they just seem more chill about it. Also the younger he chicks, the better. The older they get the less likely they will be to bond with the hen.
It was last night, so the babies were only 2 or 3 days old. I tried around 10 p.m. she clucked to them a lot and they were following her, when she turned around to face them and all hell broke loose. It was scary.
I don't know. I've never done it before but I think I did it right?

It was last night, so the babies were only 2 or 3 days old. I tried around 10 p.m. she clucked to them a lot and they were following her, when she turned around to face them and all hell broke loose. It was scary.
I don't know. I've never done it before but I think I did it right?

You probably did. Every hen is just different. I've had hens that will only accept chicks that hatch under them and I've also had hens that were just bad broodies, period.

Back
Top Bottom