Mice!!!.....How do you control them!?!?

Chickensrock10110

Songster
10 Years
Feb 10, 2009
Hawaii
For the past few weeks,I`ve noticed I have a mice problem.
They have been eating my chickens' food and also leave their droppings in the bowl!
barnie.gif

They have also increased in population.I want them all GONE!!!
I heard they can be disease carriers and I`m worried for my chickens health and my health.
How do you control these unwelcomed guests??

Jump on any available chair and scream, "A mouse! A mouse!"

Then, if you're squeamish like me, you can purchase those traps where the enter and you can't see them. There's one that is made out of blue plastic; it tilts when a mouse enters. Then you know that you've caught something.

If you decide to relocate it, bring the mouse at least one mile away from it's home or it'll do the Hansel and Gretel thing. I haven't been too good with dispatching them yet. The cats usually do that and I have to look where I step.

Suzy

barnie.gif

Quote:
I have tried that.It seems that they are reproducing too fast.When I think I had caught most of them ,I see babies running when I look in the pen at night....which gets me even more frustrated so I don't look in the pen at night anymore....lol

build some simple a frame covers and use the glue traps. they're simple, effective and non toxic. if you really want to you can take them away and pour mineral oil on them and they will escape the trap.

what about taking the food out of the coop for the night and return it in the morning?

Back
Top Bottom