Michigan Chickenstock 2011 Sell/Swap/Need

Thank you
smile.png

I'm posting here in the hopes someone can help me out, I have to put my beta rooster down, Gandolf tore several ligaments in his leg and after 6 weeks on "box rest" he is still lame, the vet says it will most likely never heal properly now, its been long enough to show improvement. He is a blue orpington and the sweetest thing. He was my "color-maker" in my flock. Does anyone have juvenile blue Giants or Blue Orpington roos they are selling? My alpha Roo (a black Giant) will not tolerate a mature rooster to be added to the flock but he is gentle with anything under4-5 months. Thanks for your time.
Leslie

Well, Opa talked me into going to Chickenstock by offering to hatch me out some Wellie Chicks, So I'm IN.

Might be able to bring some silkie chicks from my girlfriend if I preorder them from her.
I will have an Egyptian Fayoumi chick that is one week old now, and if anyone wants him/her I can bring it. It should be pretty big in 5 weeks.

We do alpacas together and I'm sure no one wants me to bring an alpaca!! I do have alpaca fleece in bags if anyone wants some as it costs $35 to shear one and they have to be sheared soon. They come in many colors. So tell me if you want some raw fleece, and how much. They make about a 3 lb prime blanket, but I sell it by the bag to pay for the shearing cost.

I can bring a skein of handspun alpaca wool for the raffle as well and I'm still thinking about what I should bring for food......

I can also bring some homemade lye soap to sell. It cleans you up really well!

I really want to visit and see what all these other chickens look like up close and meet everyone and come to understand more about breeding and raising chickens! It is far more affordable than raising alpacas and I can afford chicken feed!

Cheers all,
Bonnie at Imaginary Alpaca Ranch
NW Ohio and getting into Welsummers!

If anyone would like Serama Chicks let me know how many you would like!!!!! I have way too many chickens so I need to make sure you are going to get them. Let me know!!!!!!
big_smile.png

Id love to join again this year
smile.png

Was wondering if anyone has some Calls that they are willing to part with? Perfer adults but am willing to take on babies too.
smile.png
My husband has become obsessed and Id love to get him a few more.....We are looking for any color really but would love some variety depending on whats available..Thanks!

Just a month or so till Chickenstock yeah! I tell people I work with about chickenstock and they all laugh and make fun of me because I enjoy chickens and chickenstock. Sometimes they make me feel like I am nuts. I tell them I don't care. I am really looking forward to seeing old friends as well as new ones. Freebie and I will be there with bells on (just the saying).

I'm going to go, I'll be looking for
Dominiques (about 3 of them)
Chantecler (about 3 of them) and maybe
Rh. Island Red (3 of these as well)
Would anybody happen to be bringing these at about 4-6 weeks old?
I want pullets. Thanks and hope to meet many of y 'all.

Quote:
Sorry to hear you'll be losing one of your Dears. Thats always tough!! Can you post pics yet? I saw you have just a few more posts than I have and I just "hatched" as well. heeheehee
OH YEAH, I'm also wondering how will we know other BYC'ers? Are there t-shirts available? Do we wear nametags?

Back
Top Bottom